Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Currency & Exchange Rates /Câmbios
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro rate at moment.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 105>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/February/2012 at 12:21
Is that tourist rate or business rate though tig?
Andrew
tiganut View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiganut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/February/2012 at 12:33
Cash tourist.
He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins
tiganut View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiganut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/February/2012 at 12:35
I use this site,someone on here put me onto it a couple of years back
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/February/2012 at 12:57
I am shortly off to exchange some € for  but, on the way, I will have a look at the £ - € rate.

Seems to be on the slide again.

And I am going to buy a gun and shoot that *&^*% dog that has been barking for the last four hours!
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
tiganut View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiganut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/February/2012 at 14:08
You must be near my place,dog next door but one never sleeps,the owners just leave it outside barkingAngry
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/February/2012 at 14:33
used to be one near us and i used to chuck a bucket of water over it as being fairly humane. it shut it up and i think it was the little dogs relief from the heat!
tiganut View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiganut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/February/2012 at 14:44
LOLI would try that,but as my place is by the marina,the dog is 10 foot above me.I can see the look on the dogs face when I stand there chucking buckets of water up in the air,& going away sopping wetLOL
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2012 at 09:54
€1.125 for a £ in town yesterday. other currencies:

USD 0.72 Can D 0.713 Aus D 0.725

Definitely on the slide again.
Albufeira Resident

Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2012 at 11:09
€1.1283 here today so not much difference.  Up to a couple of years ago I used Travelex at Edinburgh Airport but they closed their desk there.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Travis B. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Travis B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2012 at 01:28
As a "black cab" driver in London, I, and quite a few other guys have a laminated printed notice on the glass partition between us and the passenger compartment which says, This Taxi Accepts EUROS And DOLLARS.
Personally I take the € at 1.40, and the $ at 1.95.
If anyone says but it is only €1.13 at Thomas Cook, I tell them the truth, yes, it is only €1.13, but that is if you are BUYING euros, it is around €1.28 or €1.29 if you are SELLING them to buy pounds, which is in effect what you are doing to pay the sterling amount on the meter, the extra few cents that I add on is for the inconvenience and down- time I have when parking up and changing them.
I always add politely that they do not HAVE to pay in euros or dollars, they can use a credit card, or use sterling, providing I get what is on the meter, or it's equivalent in euros or dollars then I'm happy.
Of course I don't change them up, I keep the euros for when I'm in Europe, and the dollars for when I'm in the US.
There is nothing wrong in this, nor is it illegal, I could ask for €2.00 to £1.00 if I wished, but I wouldn't, I'm content to come out 10c-15c to the £ ahead.
That way if I get a bill for €70.00 in a restaurant in Europe it has cost me approx. £50.00 instead of approx £62.00 at €1.13. 
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2012 at 10:08
When I worked in a pub in Kent we would take any currency we could agree an exchange rate on. then the notes were either exchanged or passed on to customers at a suitably advantageous rate.

One of my football team once paid his match fees in Peruvian pesos or something.

Money exchange is unregulated. You can ask what you want and in many situation (ie desperation) get it.

(Quite by co-incidence the song now on the radio ' Free Falling' which describes the £ - € situation fairly well.)
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2012 at 17:48
Today €1.125 for £1 - same as the other day
US Dollar and Canadian Dollar 0.71
Australian Dollar 0.725.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/March/2012 at 09:17
1.14 in town yesterday.
Albufeira Resident

tiganut View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiganut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/March/2012 at 11:05
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/March/2012 at 09:48
€1.145 in town yesterday
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 105>
  Share Topic