Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Currency & Exchange Rates /Câmbios
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro rate at moment.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 105>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Euro rate at moment.
    Posted: 10/September/2009 at 20:23
Whats the rate over there at the moment as im over there next week and dont know wether to change it all in England or leave some for Portugal?
Sponsored Links

Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/September/2009 at 21:05
Midian you will get a better rate in the UK than Albufeira, albeit only a few cents but it mounts up when you are changing a substantial amount.Only problem with changing a large amount of money is the security of it all. Better still if you have a Nationwide Flexi account debit card use that at the ATM machines, there is no charge and the rate is Visa business rate, you can withdraw 200 euros per day. 
sneezy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneezy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/September/2009 at 22:01
Got 1.144 at ATM in Algarve on Monday using Nationwide Debit card.   Was a tiny bit lower than that a couple of days before
sneezy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneezy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/September/2009 at 22:03
PS

Why have I got the Google thingy on my post, I didn't put it there.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/September/2009 at 09:52
Advertising helps pay the website costs!
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
midian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/September/2009 at 14:45
Whats the euro like over there now?
Planitfanit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Planitfanit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/September/2009 at 17:29
Originally posted by midian midian wrote:

Whats the euro like over there now?

Still the same shape it was last year...Tongue

The sun is the same in a relative way...........but you're older.
columbinha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote columbinha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/September/2009 at 18:58
Originally posted by sneezy sneezy wrote:

Got 1.144 at ATM in Algarve on Monday using Nationwide Debit card.   Was a tiny bit lower than that a couple of days before
That was Monday,  it closed at 1.11.9 today on the Forex markets....Shocked
sneezy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneezy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/September/2009 at 19:51
That was Monday 7th SeptemberBig%20smile

Originally posted by columbinha columbinha wrote:

Originally posted by sneezy sneezy wrote:

That was Monday,  it closed at 1.11.9 today on the Forex markets....Shocked

JKAT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/September/2009 at 21:20
Went down the square today to change a wee bundle ,handed the dosh over and casually ask what was the rate today ,when she said 1.06 I said cancel the trans. I´ll wait a while!
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/September/2009 at 11:51
I am waiting as well. I bought back a bundle of £ from my recent UK trip and will wait until the rate gets better or until I can go back to UK to spend it.
Albufeira Resident

EMMR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMMR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/September/2009 at 07:49
Don,t wait too long £ is falling, financial markets view £ as the least attractive of the major currencies at the moment. ( just like  12 months ago )
EMMR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMMR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/September/2009 at 18:24
Great , fallen further today just over E1.10 /£1  expect tourist rate to be E1.05/06.

What ever happened to the E1.20 forcast ????
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/September/2009 at 21:20
Shows how much they know! Anyway my small collection of £20 notes will now be secreted away to form the basis of my beer fund on my next UK trip - assuming that inflation doesn't suddenly take off.
Albufeira Resident

Avril View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/September/2009 at 13:26
M & S only giving 1.04 - shocking!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 105>
  Share Topic