Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Currency & Exchange Rates /Câmbios
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro rate at moment.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101102103104105>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/September/2022 at 17:34
yes ... we`re all doomed  ... under 1.16 ... according to th Beeb ...

Worries over the prospects for the UK economy led the pound to slide by about 5% against the US dollar in August.

The last time the pound fell so much against the dollar was in October 2016, in the aftermath of the Brexit vote. Sterling sank again on Thursday morning, dipping below $1.16 on the currency markets.

Analysts said the fall reflects the darkening outlook for the economy, with consumers and businesses facing rising prices and soaring energy bills.The Bank of England has predicted the UK will fall into recession towards the end of this year.

Pyrman
Richardk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/September/2022 at 19:31
Its been a lot worse - around parity pound to euro back around 2009/10. It wasn't that long ago 1.12/13 so not the end of the world but makes a good news story
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/September/2022 at 07:51
I recall the rate briefly going below 1 : 1 so not yet all gloom and doom, but there is no escaping the fact that Europe in general is in for a hard winter of rising prices, shortages and strikes. Not to mention an ongoing war.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2022 at 10:59
Rate today is 1.146 ...  you may get 1.08 in Albufeira ..
Pyrman
S1gh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S1gh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/October/2022 at 17:48
Was in Sainsburys early today (Yorkshire) and they were only offering 1.08
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/October/2022 at 09:50
That's a bit mean! The commercial rate is nearer 1.15.
Albufeira Resident

pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/January/2023 at 12:41
Pound at 1.1278 today ... checking because the Multibanco atm at Intermarche Cemeterio Velho offered me  1 euro for 0.99p and the Paladim hotel I am in is giving 1.02 ... surprisingly, refusing the atm trade got me 1.13 .. and with the Halifax fee I have net 1.10.   Worth noting that Ramsdens in the UK, buy on line, pick up in store are also at 1.10. .. as are Tesco.

Pyrman
S1gh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S1gh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/January/2023 at 20:41
TUI high street today gave me 1.10, Althams was offering 1.11 but really couldn’t be bothered with the big que!

Travelling to Rome on Monday and needed a bit of cash, if I’m lucky enough to have some left it will spend in my favourite bar in March in Albufeira.

In other news the dollar rate is rubbish! Which doesn’t help me for February!
Bunnyrunner View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/January/2023 at 14:06
Yes it never pays to accept to accept the Multibanco ATM rate, it is usually a 10% commission for the ATM operators. So you lose 10€ in every 100€ you change.
Definitely don't use the ATM Euronet machines as these have a fixed 3.99€ fee on top which makes withdrawals very expensive.
"You wake up a winner only you can make yourself a loser"- Declan Murphy
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/January/2023 at 18:52
Cry
Gloom, doom! My UK pension comes here direct, translated into Euros. Today's payment is the lowest I have received since June 2021 and a good €30 less per month than I was getting last summer.

That's a whole evening's beer lost.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/February/2023 at 08:20
€1.04 to the £ for cash in town yesterday.
Albufeira Resident

pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/February/2023 at 11:36
Pound has perked up a wee bit, officially 1.135 this morning and Ramsdens are on 1.116 ..  so I am down 5 euros on the trade I did earlier this week.
Pyrman
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/April/2023 at 11:00
Pound has taken a wee hit last couple of days ... down from almost 1.14 to almost 1.13. Remember you are always better with a euro card ... or buying from likes of Ramsdens online, pick up on high street ... they`re at just over 1.11.
Pyrman
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/April/2023 at 08:12
And if using a £ caad, always reject the on the spot conversion. On Friday I was offered just less than €1 per £!
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/April/2023 at 08:49
Still €1.04 to the £ for cash here.
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101102103104105>
  Share Topic