Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Currency & Exchange Rates /Câmbios
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro rate at moment.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8586878889 105>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RytonTyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/September/2018 at 16:40
Agree with that Cubsur, you can get 1.1064 in Newcastle today
Gazza View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/September/2018 at 09:49
I remember in 1992 I got  about 23600 escudos for £100 in Newcastle. Changing American Express travellers cheques in Albufeira and getting about 24200 escudos for £100. Minus a small deduction of 2 or 3 hundred escudos.
Take only memories, leave only footprints
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/November/2018 at 11:58
Don`t know if this is general or not, since Clydesdale bank has just hooked up with Virgin Money ... but my last 3 transactions (Oct/Nov) in multibancos have yeilded only a rate of 1.000 (SIBS). However, I bought some perfumes on the way out yesterday at Faro and their rate came up as 1.10+ ... anyone confirm the multibanco scam ?
Pyrman
A9NDY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/November/2018 at 17:03
1.09 in old town today
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2018 at 08:39
You won't be getting that today
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2018 at 09:48
Exchange rate has fallen today by half a cent to the pound. This is truly a disaster.

Anyway, you won't be allowed to go on holiday to Portugal after next March, so it won't matter.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2018 at 11:29
Watch out for the multibanco giving less than the 1.00 they have recently been giving .. and
there is almost certainly much worse news for the pound in sight ..
Pyrman
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2018 at 11:41
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

Exchange rate has fallen today by half a cent to the pound. This is truly a disaster.

It actually fell 3 cents from just over 1.15 to just over 1.12.

Originally posted by pyrman pyrman wrote:

and there is almost certainly much worse news for the pound in sight ..

Let's hope so - we putting our apartment on the market in January so that'll be good news for sending Euros to the UK.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
vinnym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinnym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2018 at 12:16
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

Anyway, you won't be allowed to go on holiday to Portugal after next March, so it won't matter.

If that’s the case after the end of March, a lot of businesses in Albufeira could go to the wall.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2018 at 13:40
You doom mongerers! 😉
Back up today, currently 1.132 and was higher this morning, and even the fall yesterday was less than 1%, it’ll be what it will be and we can all make our choices but bear in mind ten years ago it was over 1.4, has the decline to circa 1.1/1.2 caused massive effect?
Dickey’s point is well valid. We paid our deposit at 1.44 and the balance at 1.42, if we sold now (we’re not) and sent the euros to a sterling account.... result!
Andrew
Seannyboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seannyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2018 at 18:03
Jumping ship are we

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2018 at 20:07
Originally posted by Seannyboy Seannyboy wrote:

Jumping ship are we

We bought our place in 2002. In those 16 years we have visited over 100 times.
Since we both retired 10 years ago we have spent over 4 years of that in Portugal.
We have always had a loose plan to sell up around 2020 but during our recent 7 week stay we decided now, for all sorts of reasons, is the right time to do it.
Property prices are currently high and property is selling quickly and although this decision has nothing to do with Brexit as such, the value of the Euro v the £ is a bonus that we would be foolish to ignore.
We just feel that it's time for a change, time to do something different and maybe time to go somewhere else.
Super Bock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super Bock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/November/2018 at 07:16
I guess the sensible money minded people would sell. We bought our place at 1.56 exchange rate so selling now would be great financially. However couldn’t be without our place, we love it too much!
nickwr37 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickwr37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/November/2018 at 21:46
1.0978 now. That's the rate now on my EasyJet € card. Down next Sat for a few weeks☺
nickwr37 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickwr37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/November/2018 at 21:49
Get an EasyJet prepaid € card. Good rate, top up online only with rate b4 buy. No ATM fees. Simples😀
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8586878889 105>
  Share Topic