Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Beaches / As Praias
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Albufeira's beaches today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 115>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/July/2009 at 16:59
 Sunburn Right Avril,
Did you or didnt you?

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/August/2009 at 10:06
Just in case any of you are missing the beach, here it is yesterday at about 3.30pm
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
john2604smith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john2604smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/August/2009 at 11:14
I'm sat here watching the rain, now thats just cruel !!
ownersdirect P3708
Avril View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/August/2009 at 16:15
Just spotted this post! Janet - if I sunbathed topless there would be a total eclipse!! Beach looks nice and busy, cant wait to get back!
Older, Wiser and Full of hell!
Wireman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wireman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/August/2009 at 21:26
Cubsur,your picture above has prompted me to ask you or anybody else that knows, how far you can walk from Inatel along the beach heading eastwards. Can you get to Oura and beyond or do you have to,at some point,come up the cliff/steps for a while. If so where would you say you have to leave the beach?
Regular Visitor
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/August/2009 at 09:48
You can walk as far as Olhos D'Agua for sure at low tide. I have done that in the reverse direction. There is no marked footpath but it is pretty obvious. The going is possiblly a bit difficult in a couple of places scrambling up rocks etc.

As far as Oura it's mostly along clifftop paths.

Beyond Oura going east, there is one short section where you can only stay at beach level at the lowest point of the tide otherwise it's up and over the cliff to the next beach and and as far as Olhos D' Agua. Then there is another awkward section which would involve a very long inland detour if the sea is high and you get to the next beach which is Praia do Falesia. Walk along that and you eventually brings you to the footbridge across the river and Vilamoura.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
RogerD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/August/2009 at 16:15
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

Just in case any of you are missing the beach, here it is yesterday at about 3.30pm

Oh you have made me so jealous, what beach is that?
Heading out again on May 24th and Oct 5th in 2014!!!
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/August/2009 at 19:50

Hi Rodger, the photo shows 3 beaches, the first in the foreground is Peneco and on the other side of the rock/cliff sticking out on the left is Fishermens beach. The old town is just behind. In the distance on the other side of the pier is Inatel beach.

we're not brazil we're norn iron
pagey89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pagey89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/August/2009 at 11:07
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

Im jealous can i hit the report button for making me jealous. wish i was there Cry
Milly_Molly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Milly_Molly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/August/2009 at 08:45
Lovely photo Cubsur! but ooooohhhhh....

RogerD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/August/2009 at 15:34
Originally posted by bob d bob d wrote:

Hi Rodger, the photo shows 3 beaches, the first in the foreground is Peneco and on the other side of the rock/cliff sticking out on the left is Fishermens beach. The old town is just behind. In the distance on the other side of the pier is Inatel beach.

how far is that from pria da oura (sp) beach then?
J2me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J2me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/August/2009 at 16:39
Hi RogerD,

The beach you see here ends at Praia do Forte Soa Joao, close to the Aura Mar Beach Club.  Wink 

There is a rocky section (headland) behind the Aura Mar and a small beach called 'Praia dos Aveiros'. Then another rocky section and the start of Praia Da Oura. See it on the interactive beach guide at this link - http://www.albufeira.com/beach/guide/default.asp

The distance from the end of the beach in the photo to Praia Da Oura is only a few hundred meters as the crow flyes.  You can walk over the headland - a bit dicy in places.  By road it would be about a mile or so.
Chrissy63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrissy63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/August/2009 at 18:05
Top of my to do list for next year is the walk from Praia da Oura along the headland, My parents have spent 2 weeks a year for the last 21 years in Praia da Oura & unfortunately due to arthritis my mum isn't able to take the walk any more, but she keeps on at me to do it, So mum if you read this.....i promise OK?? Big%20smile
Lifes a beach
RogerD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/August/2009 at 15:48
Originally posted by J2me J2me wrote:

Hi RogerD,

The beach you see here ends at Praia do Forte Soa Joao, close to the Aura Mar Beach Club.  Wink 

There is a rocky section (headland) behind the Aura Mar and a small beach called 'Praia dos Aveiros'. Then another rocky section and the start of Praia Da Oura. See it on the interactive beach guide at this link - http://www.albufeira.com/beach/guide/default.asp

The distance from the end of the beach in the photo to Praia Da Oura is only a few hundred meters as the crow flyes.  You can walk over the headland - a bit dicy in places.  By road it would be about a mile or so.

so this beach(praia do forte) is just down from the auramar beach resort where im staying? thats good then.
J2me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J2me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/August/2009 at 16:34
Hi Roger,

Yes. Its a lovely spot. There is a path that leads around the side of the Aura Mar and it brings you directly to Praia do Forte Sao Joao.  Its only a 2 or 3 mimute walk and about 25 steps down to the beach.

I think that there is also direct access from the Aura Mar to Praia dos Aveiros.  Probably more steps though I would think as the hotel is built right on the headland.

Enjoy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 115>
  Share Topic