Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Beaches / As Praias
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Albufeira's beaches today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 115>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/June/2009 at 20:00
I think there are a lot of folks that don't realise how rough the sea on the Algarve can be even in July and August - it aint the Med! It can be fearsome! I found out from experience! As previously stated somewhere, I was completely thrown off my feet in Praia da Rocha two or three years ago by a wave that didnt even seem that bad, embarrassingly for my 15 year old son at the time I lost me bikini top!! Anyway, I was pretty shaken by it to be honest and am wary now! The shore at Albufeira shelves steeply, one minute you are up to your knees, the next gone!!
Older, Wiser and Full of hell!
janet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/June/2009 at 18:37
Shaken and topless??
SCAREYwhew
Lainey J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lainey J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/June/2009 at 19:22
What a picture she paints!!LOL
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/June/2009 at 11:14
Originally posted by Lainey J Lainey J wrote:

What a picture she paints!!LOL

I,m painting it now.
Avril View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/June/2009 at 13:14
Well don't post it on hereEmbarrassed or if you do, knock at least 20 years of it's age and 20lbs of it's waistlineHe%20he
Older, Wiser and Full of hell!
Walrus View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/July/2009 at 00:57
Cry6 more weeks 6 more weeks 6 more weeks 6 more weeks....
takes a deep breath and relaxes , it can't come quick enough  Smile
Do not meddle in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will pee on your computer!
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/July/2009 at 10:36
Here's what's waiting for you. Picture taken on Saturday. Rather more exposed rocks down this end that I remember from last year.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Walrus View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/July/2009 at 22:24
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

Here's what's waiting for you.
Too far east for me and my missus, the foreground of your first piccie is our recreation area for the duration... relaxation, relaxation, relaxation is our holiday keywords Big%20smile
I gotta say though, looking at at your first picture the beach looks narrower than in previous years?  It might just be an illusion created by your camera/lens combination though.
Do not meddle in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will pee on your computer!
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/July/2009 at 22:47
Tom is that Aveiros or Oura beach or neither?
Ted Taylor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/July/2009 at 17:57
Jayjan it's not Oura, the headland there juts out too far to see past, but it could be Aveiros,
regards ted n pat
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/July/2009 at 20:17
It's the Praia do Inatel - you can see the white Inatel building in the centre of the picture with the pier and old town beyond.

I think the actual bit of beach I was standing on is called Praia do Forte de Sao Joao or something like that. Behind me is the set of steps you climb up to go round the cliff to Aveiros beach.
Albufeira Resident

Ted Taylor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/July/2009 at 00:51
That sounds spot on, nice stretch of beach, nice walk and some different sights that you would not know were there from the beach road, if you know what I mean,  
regards ted n pat
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/July/2009 at 10:27
There are some pretty horrible sights as well.
Albufeira Resident

janet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/July/2009 at 11:28
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

There are some pretty horrible sights as well.

Dont tell me--is that Avril one lying out there topless!!! Censored
J2me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J2me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/July/2009 at 21:22
Now now Janet!!    Thumbs%20Up 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 115>
  Share Topic