Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Beaches / As Praias
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Albufeira's beaches today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 115>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/September/2009 at 08:46
I observe that the rock pinnacle on Albufeira's main beach has been fenced off with some proper posts etc. Undoubtedly in response to recent events, it now provides a very handy long clothes-line for the sunseekers.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Walrus View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/September/2009 at 12:37
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

I observe that the rock pinnacle on Albufeira's main beach has been fenced off with some proper posts etc. Undoubtedly in response to recent events, it 
Yeah, they put it up last thursday night, quite a surprise to see it there as me and Mrs Wal wandered down the zig-zags on friday morning.
Personally I don't think the boundary is big enough, looking at the large cracks and rock structure plus the rate it's erroding at (I'm no expert by the way) I would have thought they would have made the 'safety zone' somewhat larger.  It might give people protection from smaller lumps of rock dropping off but that large slab on the western side is looking decidedly top heavy and very dodgy IMO; if that collapsed it would squash a few folk outside of the rope Dead.  About 8 years ago I remember noticing the foot holes that had been carved into the eastern side of the pinnacle, they were quite well defined and climable - last week there are barely noticable, so it's erroding quite quickly.

Anyway, twas another great week at good ole Albufeira, can't wait now until next year Smile
Do not meddle in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will pee on your computer!
backtoyou_x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backtoyou_x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/September/2009 at 14:07
aww beautiful photos :D
can't wait to be there.. one week on thursday! ahhh
just as long as there's no thunderstorms like last september
..anyone for mudfights on the beach? ha
sydnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sydnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/October/2009 at 09:20

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/October/2009 at 14:58
UK and other viewers switch on jealousy mode. Albufeira beach at 4.20pm yesterday afternoon. I took some other pictures around and about yesterday and these will be on my webspace in the usual place later today.

Albufeira Resident

Bobster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/October/2009 at 19:48
Ohhhhh, I think I'm having some kind of breakdown, what stunning photos, keep up the good work!!!  Just the job to help me through another British winter!!Thumbs%20Up
alz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/October/2009 at 23:47
Lovely photos!

Jealousy mode is default whilst in UK :->
Avril View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/October/2009 at 13:42

I'm looking forward to a time when I will not be spending any winters here in Blighty. Hopefully in the not too distant future, plans are afoot!

cagzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cagzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/October/2009 at 18:19
wish i was back there Cry
Chrissy63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrissy63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/October/2009 at 18:28
6 months to go....feels like a lifetime away Cry
Lifes a beach
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/October/2009 at 22:09
Praia Forte Sao Joao today at about 4pm

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/December/2009 at 15:14
Just in case you are missing it , the Praia do Peneco yesterday (Sunday) at about 3pm.

It didn't rain. despite the grey skies.

Albufeira Resident

guya View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/December/2009 at 20:12
My favourite beach, Cubsur!

I always enjoy a walk along this stretch of the coast.

Thanks for the pics.

Guya
Avril View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/December/2009 at 20:28
Yes I'm missing it - even with grey skies! Mind you,Tynemouth beach yesterday was much busier with dogs walking their owners and surfers by the dozen who think it's Bondii beach, silly buggers!
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/December/2009 at 09:47
Yes, there were a few bodyboarders out there by the pier, half a dozen blokes rather optimistically fishing and even a couple of kids digging in the sand. It was a bit windy though. I didn't stay long, pressing appointment with a bar and a couple of football matches.
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 115>
  Share Topic