Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Beaches / As Praias
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Albufeira's beaches today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 106107108109110 115>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/May/2021 at 08:09
"I think I'd like to buy that building next to Casa del Mar!"

There was a 'sold' sign on that one a while back. Gone now and no sign of anyone doing anything except to board up the windows and doors.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
AJSUGGY View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/May/2021 at 14:07
Somebody must be doing something as the wall above the beach has been knocked down. I asked the manager of the Sol e Mar some weeks ago if he knows anything, but as the hotel is not opening until the 1/6/2021 he said he hasn't been there to take a look.
AJSUGGY View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/May/2021 at 14:10
Nice to see people on the beaches again in numbers instead of looking like a desert
Bunnyrunner View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/May/2021 at 14:43
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

There are fairly strict rules concerning new development along the actual coastline.  The geology doesn't help, being crumbly sandstone cliffs.

The main concern for locals is the rising cost of housing. With one bed apartments selling for €250,000 and a weekly tourist rental easily fetching €1000 a week in a normal summer, it's easy to understand how a couple earning maybe €2,500 a month between them (often working 60+ hours a week in summer) find it hard to find somewhere affordable to live.

Getting more people to the beaches is one thing, finding enough people to service the restaurants and bars is something else.

With respect I would say 250,000€ is the exception and T1 residential units can still be purchased around the 100,000€ mark
Bunnyrunner View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/May/2021 at 14:48
Originally posted by Teresa Teresa wrote:

That's crazy.  So much money wasted and potential left to rot.  But, should represent opportunities for someone??  (Wish it could be me!  Cool)

If you have a cool €99m going spare you can buy the unfinished Casa da marina development with a 105 bedroom hotel and 25 T2 villas.

Oh but wait you'll probably need another €20m to finish them!
Teresa View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teresa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/May/2021 at 15:43
Unfortunately, I'll be passing on all those deals!  lol  If only I were younger and richer!  :D

I'm grateful for my little cubbyhole with a distant view of the water!!  I just wish I could get over there!

But, it does still amaze me that these properties can be abandoned!  Someone obviously saw potential at some point...  while I can't say which developments specifically, I recall a few scattered along the road on pre-pandemic visits.  Such a waste but, on the other hand, I'm selfishly happy for Albufeira's tourist levels to not grow beyond what they were pre-pandemic.    

To all those lucky enough to be there...  enjoy the beaches! :D 
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/May/2021 at 17:30
Town beach today. No sun beds yet, aparently they will be set out next weekend. It was quite windy and only about 23º. As you can see, the beach wasn't exactly busy at about 1215 when I took these pictures.

Some people were dutifully wearing their masks while 'circulcating upon the beach' but there were numerous lawbreakers who were not. There are no signs teling people that makss must be worn and no-one to arrest and fine them.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/June/2021 at 08:18
The beaches at Galé and Salgados were packed well before noon yesterday. Some pictures I took.

Albufeira Resident

lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/June/2021 at 08:24
thanks for the photos, nice to see people using the beaches, everything is just so uncertain 
my beautiful portugal
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2021 at 09:03
It was not exactly bright and sunny beach weather yesterday (23º and cloudy) but there were a few dotted along the main town beach and plenty going on in the water.

Albufeira Resident

lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2021 at 09:22
Thanks for sharing all the photos, much appreciated, not very many people at all
my beautiful portugal
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/July/2021 at 13:25
The beach was reasonably busy at around 11.00 this morning. The beach lift is working, with a security guard posted to ensure masks are worn.

Albufeira Resident

lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/July/2021 at 15:09
love the photo with the Inatel in the foreground and the road sweeping away, thanks
my beautiful portugal
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/July/2021 at 09:22
From on high, yesterday afternoon.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/July/2021 at 18:16
Bob D took time out from a late lunch yesterday at O Peneco to send these two pictures of the old town beach.

Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 106107108109110 115>
  Share Topic