FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Albufeira's beaches today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9495969798 115>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2011 at 18:01
I took a walk over to Olhos D'Agua today. Here's a couple of samples. if you would like to see the rest, they are at

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=6a2a1c7daaee306d&resid=6A2A1C7DAAEE306D!8428&parid=root

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
john2604smith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john2604smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2011 at 15:17
That beach is looking a whole lot better !  There's only one thing not on it that would improve it for me......................... my a*se  !   Big smile
ownersdirect P3708
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2011 at 14:09
Steps down to beach at the lift, altogether now....awwww
we're not brazil we're norn iron
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2011 at 14:06
Old town beach last week. Note the shells are slowly disappearing
john2604smith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john2604smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2011 at 13:09
If you go through the castle gate, near the bell tower and walk over the "top" of Albufeira toward Fisherman's beach you can also see an old battery (I don't mean a duracell Smile) which was used for storage etc, which has become exposed in the cliff. There is also an original Moor arch way in one of the little side streets up there !!  In case people don't know the name Albufeira is derived from the Moorish, Al Buhera, meaning "castle by the sea"  History lesson over  Thumbs Up
ownersdirect P3708
carolenclive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolenclive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2011 at 13:06
I was refering to the opening in the rock face just to the right of the flag posts not the one higher up built into the rock face.This is possibly as you say part of the castle this area is full of strange bits and pieces.
caz
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2011 at 12:06
I think it is an old part of the castle, like a water tank or something. You can get a good look at it from the road that goes from the sol e mar over to fishermans beach.
J2me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J2me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/December/2011 at 22:32
Wow. Well I never....... Must try that out one of the days. Thanks for the reply.
carolenclive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolenclive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/December/2011 at 20:25
Its steps and a tunel going through the cliff to the other side of the beach.
caz
J2me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J2me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/December/2011 at 19:37
I was looking at Tom's photo's (again) when I noticed a detail that I cannot understand. On the first picture on page 1, just above the flag poles and a bit to the right, built into the cliff face, there is something there and I am a bit puzzled as to what it is. Anybody know?
kevjrobbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevjrobbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/December/2011 at 12:58
thanks for the up to date photo's tom. Keep them coming if there's anything new. Cheers kev.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/December/2011 at 12:20
Took a little stroll along the beach yesterday. The end up at Monica Isabel is still closed off, when they are working anyway. The project is scheduled to finish on 17 January. They were still working away, building the wall and rebuilding the storm drains.

And recent tyre tracks shows they are still using the giant vacuum cleaner thing to scoop of the shells.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/November/2011 at 11:17
Praia da Oura Friday

Men fishing near Oura Friday

Praia da Aveiros Late Friday afternoon

Praia do Inatel even later Friday afternoon

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/November/2011 at 10:11
And here is why the town beach doesn't get a blue flag! This stormwater run-off is trapped on the beach. The new outfall pipe might be blocked or it might just be unable to cope.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/November/2011 at 10:09
Thanks - these are logged for me to see on the post itself - nothing pops up.

Here are some closer views views of the work taking place down at the Monica Isabel end. Taken  Friday afternoon around 16.15hrs after they had all cleared off for the day.

Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9495969798 115>
  Share Topic