Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Beaches / As Praias
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SALGADOS DUNES AND LAGOON

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5,00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bedlam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Bedlam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2013 at 21:01

A few snaps of the Lagoon taken today in the cloud and drizzle

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/May/2013 at 10:02
I hadn't been there for a while so went cycling around yesterday.

The water is a horrible green colour, algae I should say. There is plenty of water, the lagoon is well filled. I have a few more pictures at http://sdrv.ms/10mDs9w including a couple of the new Vidamar resort, which is opening on 1st June apparently. Whoever runs the company bought one of the former CS properties (Salgados Mar) which that firm abandoned a couple of years back when they hit a financial crisis.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/July/2013 at 19:53
Albufeira Resident

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/July/2013 at 21:44
Absolutely, hence I started this thread..

http://www.albufeira.com/forum/help-save-salgados_topic8073.html

Please take two minutes to do an email, many thanks.

EDIT. Why won't that post as a link? Admin!?
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/August/2013 at 10:20
Major works to be undertaken to reduce the risk of the lagoon drying out

http://www.regiao-sul.pt/noticia.php?refnoticia=138964

In Portuguese, run it through Google translate if required.
Albufeira Resident

steven.vanessa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven.vanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/October/2013 at 12:54
When we were over last month they dug a huge trench out to sea and drained most of the water away... sadly all but 2 of the turtles dissappeared also :( 
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/October/2013 at 13:27
Yes, sad. This was reported but it had to be done to reduce the risk of flooding which almost came to pass a couple of weeks ago.

I've been bike less until last week so perhaps I will pop down there in a day or two and get some new pictures.
Albufeira Resident

steven.vanessa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven.vanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/October/2013 at 07:22
That would be great Cubsur and ill try to get around to posting up my pics i have of there too. Still at least theres ducks still there and we saw a few snakes in the water too.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/October/2013 at 17:14
The lagoon has now been partially drained to allow work to begin on the rehabilitation project. A temporary earth wall, visible below, has been created to keep one half of the site dry. On that dry side, men and machines are digging away. They were removing some very smelly soil to a depth of about 1 metre and dumping it to form an island on what would normally be the middle of the lake. My guess is it's an idea to make the lagoon deeper so the birds have something to wade in and the fish something to swim in that's better than ankle deep and that the water has somewhere to go. Some of the old drainage channels can be seen in the other pictures. I will upload them asap. As it is afternoon my OPTIMUS INTERNET is too slow to do it right now.

Do not use Optimus!

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2013 at 11:23
Here are the rest of the pictures

http://sdrv.ms/15vOlN7
Albufeira Resident

lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2013 at 11:47
These are very interesting photos, love all the different angles, thanks Smile
my beautiful portugal
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/November/2013 at 14:50
Here are a few more pictures taken yesterday, 26th November.

http://sdrv.ms/1fLCH6G

Work continues on the rehabilitation project. Most of the area is dry except for a couple of channels kept open to let the water flow. Pipes are being laid under the dunes to provide a means of better controlling the flow of water in and out, rather than waiting for it to burst the sand barrier.

All sorts of machinery was busy across the site.

(Sorry about the spots on the pictures. It looks like it is time to buy a new pocket camera.)
Albufeira Resident

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/November/2013 at 20:55
Tom,
Can you just check that link please?
It takes us to your sky drive home page but then I can't find any file from yesterday or today. Cheers.
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/November/2013 at 11:43
Something must have gone wrong. I am pretty sure it was working but my internet died around that time as it often does.

new link

http://sdrv.ms/1fLCH6G
Albufeira Resident

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/November/2013 at 08:54
Thanks Tom.
Will be away there myself later today for a butchers, I'm wondering what the earth works are about?
Andrew
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>
  Share Topic