Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Beaches / As Praias
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SALGADOS DUNES AND LAGOON

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5,00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/June/2012 at 09:43
Having read the article mentioned above, I hadn't realised that the golf course was still taking water from the lagoon. I shall make a point of having another look in a week or so.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Avril View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/June/2012 at 10:05
Good photo's Tom, like Andrew I enjoyed seeing the beach and sea and hope the beaches are as quiet as that when we come overCool It's a real shame about the lagoon but the news that they are going to do something about it is heartening, hopefully they'll do something in the next couple of weeks.
Consistently inconsistent, Esse sou eu!
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/August/2012 at 08:25
A picture from yesterday afternoon. I have some more to sort out later. The lagoon seems to be holding up fairly well with the lack of rain. The water near the bridge is a nasty green colour though. You can see though that, in places, the water isn't very deep!

Albufeira Resident

Mally790 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mally790 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/September/2012 at 15:19
Sorry but I can't view your pics but is true the lagoon is dry ?
Mally790 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mally790 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/September/2012 at 15:26
Hi I'm coming to Albufeira in October do you know where I can book a sea fishing trip?
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/September/2012 at 15:58
No, the lagoon isn't dry.
Fishing trips can be booked at any of the ticket shops or booths around town or at the marina itself where they will depart from. But book in advance, you may well not be able to just arrive and fall lucky enough to get a place on the next trip.
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/November/2012 at 16:23
Went over today. The recent storms have breached the sand dune barrier, the fresh water has drained away and the lagoon is almost dry. Don't panic, it's all part of the natural process. The gap is gradually closing and it will soon fill up again.

Here's a small sample picture, the rest I took (larger) are at http://sdrv.ms/UDceyc

Albufeira Resident

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/November/2012 at 16:36
Thanks Tom, enjoyed the pics on your link, glad to see the graffiti that was on the AdP beach wall last time we were there has been painted over, it now looks resplendent in the November sunshine!
Andrew
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/November/2012 at 16:58
Similar to lagoon nr Fonte Santa, Quarteira.

peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/November/2012 at 17:00
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/November/2012 at 18:37
Here's a bigger view, looking back towards Albufeira.

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/November/2012 at 09:31
I see the doggies liked it! There's no chance of walking along either beach at the moment.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/January/2013 at 09:33
The recent rain has filled up the lagoon nicely. Picture taken yesterday afternoon. I have some more to sort out later.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/January/2013 at 11:36
Here's the rest plus some taken at Armação de Pera

http://sdrv.ms/VtqvyB
Albufeira Resident

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/March/2013 at 09:42
As well as the rain filling the lagoon, the sea is too!
Pics taken yesterday, the sea has breached the beach and salt water was joing the fresh water of the lagoon.

Andrew
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
  Share Topic