Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Beaches / As Praias
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SALGADOS DUNES AND LAGOON

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5,00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nosivad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nosivad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/January/2012 at 10:53

Tom, i see what you mean, but it does not look better from the other end due to the C S hotel complexEvil Smile

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/January/2012 at 11:44
True enough - this one's better! Village of Pera in the background.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
nosivad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nosivad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/January/2012 at 12:20

definately, that's better, we love Pera, especially Patisserie "OPCAO " Viktor and his wife serve delicious snacks, drinks etc and their prices are very good.

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/February/2012 at 09:24
Took a little ride around yesterday. The water level has dropped but not as much as I expected. The little stream is still trickling water into the lagoon.

Nearby, all work has ceased on the CS resort complex (the bits that weren't finished), just a lonely security guard wandering around. A sorry sight indeed.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/April/2012 at 17:20
Water level has dropped a little since February, unsurprisingly. Pictures taken this afternoon. It was the first time in ages that I have been there and not heard the noise of nearby construction work!

Albufeira Resident

Irispad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irispad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/April/2012 at 21:32
Tom... We noticed the CS resort complete but deserted apart from the security guards . Is this another white elephant?
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/April/2012 at 09:02
Yes, it was closed down in March when the company downsized its operations.
Albufeira Resident

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/April/2012 at 14:56
The CS resort isn't closed down, what I mean is, it can't be, we have friends who have an apartment there and they were there, and enjoying the facilities week before last.
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2012 at 08:52
I forget which one was closed or mothballed, but one of the conjoined resorts was in trouble earlier this year as the company admitted it owed 1 million in wages to staff.
Albufeira Resident

windmillhill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windmillhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2012 at 09:49
Isn't it one of the two CS hotels at Sao Rafael that's closed?  I think it may be the older one near the road, not the newer one closer to the beach.  But please don't take that as gospel!
www.algarve-windmillhill.co.uk
Penthouse apartment with spectacular views
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/June/2012 at 12:33
Two months on and Salgados is very dry. Acres of baked mud with lots of birds pecking away rather disconsolately. Here's a couple of pictures; more to sort out later.

The ill-fated CS Salgados Mar development. There's loads of construction material been left lying around, including a couple of pallets of cement and no-one guarding the site as far as I can tell.

Albufeira Resident

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/June/2012 at 13:02
Seeing the lagoon so dry is worrying, what's that done for the wildlife, particularly the fish?

I thought this was a protected nature reserve area, why have the authorities allowed this to happen?
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/June/2012 at 08:45
There's no work taking place on the construction sites so it's possible this is just nature at work. The river that feeds it is a mere trickle now. I saw plenty of fish jumping about and birds looking out for them!

The rest of the pictures I took yesterday around Salgados and Galé are at http://sdrv.ms/MprDfg
Albufeira Resident

Bedlam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bedlam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/June/2012 at 09:35
There is an article regarding this in last weeks Portugal News

http://theportugalnews.com/news/salgados-lagoon-secures-its-own-water-supply/26161
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/June/2012 at 09:39
Cheers Tom, some worrying sights there, the beach ones cheered me up though, thanks.
Andrew
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
  Share Topic