Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Beaches / As Praias
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SALGADOS DUNES AND LAGOON

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5,00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2010 at 10:44
Originally posted by srfab1 srfab1 wrote:

just looked at cubsur pictures does anyone now any info about why they stopped building the quinta da costelo poente aparthotel

Well I first noticed that they had stopped work several months ago and it might even have been earlier than that.

Same as elsewhere I would imagine, developers ran out of cash, stopped paying building contractors, contractors walked away.

We are going to be blighted by the half built ruins for years.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
john2604smith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john2604smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2010 at 13:12
My friend has an apartment that looks onto this development, this is the worst case scenario for him, a finished hotel in front of you will look better than a building site. If they knocked it all down he would be very happy !
ownersdirect P3708
Avril View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/August/2010 at 22:03
  Went to Salgados beach during our recent stay, we had never been there before. The beach and lagoon are really pretty. We had a lovely day there.  The building going on is horrid however. There you have a five star hotel set in the middle of a building site, if I had paid to stay there, I'd have been livid. And another complaint, there was not a naked man in sight, I took binoculars speciallyPeople%20Watching

alan&alice View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alan&alice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/August/2010 at 22:20
Originally posted by Avril Avril wrote:

And another complaint, there was not a naked man in sight, I took binoculars speciallyPeople%20Watching

You were looking in the wrong place ,we go up near the beach cafe for our nuddy bathingBig%20smile.
http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/albufeira/481652
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/August/2010 at 13:45
Avril, its a pity you didn't spot Alan when you were there, at least you would have had somewhere to hang your binos.
we're not brazil we're norn iron
Avril View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/August/2010 at 20:09

Bobby, how do you know?? Have you been up near the beach cafe with him??

bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/August/2010 at 22:04
Nah, never been up there,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
we're not brazil we're norn iron
Avril View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/August/2010 at 22:28
Smile I'm saying nowt - moderators sword will be coming out (now maybe that's somewhere I could hang me bino's!!)!!
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/September/2010 at 11:49
Haven't been there for a while but yesterday it looked nice and full. Signs have been put out warning visitors away from nesting areas.

They have a neat set of valves in the sand which funnels sea water into the lagoon at high tide and allows the lagoon to drain at low tide.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/September/2010 at 15:13
If you would like to see some more pictures, please take a look at my latest album at http://thomasallen.spaces.live.com

There are some others in there as well.
Albufeira Resident

neilm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/December/2010 at 10:41
This was a sunrise shot I took last winter. It's a really beautiful location!.

regards
Neil
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/December/2010 at 12:05
I would imagine it is rather full after all the recent rain. I must dust down the bike and make my way over there soon.
Albufeira Resident

columbinha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote columbinha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/December/2010 at 19:00
It is looking good at the moment and pleased to say it has been so right through this year - since the most recent works to the beach 'barragem', the old problems seem to have been resolved...just hope this winter and next years spring tides don't undo all the good work.
lee20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lee20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/December/2010 at 23:22
Originally posted by columbinha columbinha wrote:

It is looking good at the moment and pleased to say it has been so right through this year - since the most recent works to the beach 'barragem', the old problems seem to have been resolved...just hope this winter and next years spring tides don't undo all the good work.

This is good news.
Maybe, we'll be there next year.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/June/2011 at 11:07
The water in the lagoon has turned a sort of slimy green colour.This picture was taken yesterday. I think it is algae in the water.

Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic