Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Beaches / As Praias
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SALGADOS DUNES AND LAGOON

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5,00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SALGADOS DUNES AND LAGOON
    Posted: 30/October/2008 at 12:05
I know that many of you like this area.

I picked up from another forum that the lagoon is dry. I went over there yesterday and took a few pictures which you might like to see.

usual place http://thomasallen.spaces.live.com just open the most recent album.

I also snapped the vast amount of development going on round there. Quiet holiday anyone?
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Sponsored Links

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/November/2008 at 08:31
Forgot to say I took some pictures a couple of weeks ago and the lagoon is filing up nicely now.
Albufeira Resident

EMMR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMMR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/December/2008 at 16:20
When we were there in Spetember the lagood drained because of wave action which broke through the sand dunes.
But earlier in the year it was the development company who drained it and caught a lot of lflack because it was just before the birds started breeding.

What happened this time ??
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/December/2008 at 09:11
It was the storms at the end of  September. Two very heavy storms in a week, the water piled up and broke through big time. It took nearly a month for the dunes to rebuild themselves. 
Albufeira Resident

EMMR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMMR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/December/2008 at 09:51
That explains it in  , when we were there they used diggers to rebuild the barrier.
francine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote francine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/August/2009 at 03:38
i plan to come there in October. is everything ok? and what development? this hurts my heart. I want an uncrowded pristeen pure environment i plan to treat with love and respect. tell me what to expect.bj
EMMR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMMR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/August/2009 at 08:51
There is unfortunately a huge development on the Albufeira side of the Lagoon which also owns the golfcourse.

Those of us who know the area sre convinced that the development company are responsible for the many incidents resulting in the lagoon draining.

There were certainly many fewer wildfowl  there than in previous years although the famingos were back.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/August/2009 at 18:28
Agreed - the developers were allegedly to blame for at least one incident of the lagoon draining. What is going to happen when the other side is built over in the coming years? The birds will I am sure be scared away, the whole thing drained and more hotels built.
Albufeira Resident

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/August/2009 at 19:08
Well the past two weeks it's been fully full, loads of wildlife and fish activity to see, the new pontoon type walkway was being well used.

What surprised us, on one of our frequent beach walks we decided, from the Salgados car park, to go right towards AdP, just for achange. As we neared AdP, about 400yards I guess, we stumbled upon several naked men! Is this area known as a gay nudist area? I've not heard the like but the numbers there, and not a single female, lead me to conclude this must be the case.

Anyone?
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/August/2009 at 19:44
Andrew, you are I think correct in that assumption. I was told some time back it's a pickup place. Haven't walked that bit in summer for ages.
Albufeira Resident

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/August/2009 at 20:57

Yikes!

Thanks for the confirmation Cubsur, I'm no prude, each to their own etc., but as it's not a sight that particularly pleases me, I'll turn left in future!
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/October/2009 at 09:25
The lagoon was very full on Monday afternoon. There's one picture in the latest album at http://thomasallen.spaces.live.com if you would like to see it.

There were plenty of birds of assorted species to be seen and the area looks to be flourishing at the moment.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/March/2010 at 10:50
If you would like to see the lagoon with lots of water in it, please see the latest album at http://thomasallen.spaces.live.com

Pictures taken last Wednesday.

There's also some shots of the nearby beaches and one or two other things.
Albufeira Resident

Derek B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derek B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/March/2010 at 10:56
Will check the Pic's out.
srfab1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srfab1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/March/2010 at 18:37
just looked at cubsur pictures does anyone now any info about why they stopped building the quinta da costelo poente aparthotel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic