Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » The Good and the Bad / O Bom e o Mau
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Green tiled building is for sale

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 21>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/May/2009 at 13:35
Has anyone seen the photo in the Resident of the Estoi Palace. It has been fully restored and renovated and looks a lot like the green tiled building. Just shows what could be done. If the green tiled building was renovated in a similar way it would look magnificent, particularly with it's location.
Consistently inconsistent, Esse sou eu!
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/May/2009 at 15:04
I did and what a transformation from a couple of years ago.

And have a look at this lot! Talk about OTT.

http://www.pousadas.pt/historicalhotels/PT/pousadas/Portugal/Algarve/PalaciodeEstoi/gallery/PalaciodeEstoiGALLERY.htm#/

I wouldn't feel appropriate staying in there!
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Avril View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/May/2009 at 21:24
Oh Cubby, surely you have a tux and could quaff champagne with the "best" of us. I would love to stay there it looks sooooo Fab! Where exactly is the Estoi Palace?
Consistently inconsistent, Esse sou eu!
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/May/2009 at 08:43
It's right in the middle of the little town of Estoi, which is just off the N2 about 6 miles north of Faro.

It's set in some very nice looking ornamental gardens which were open to the public a couple of years ago. It obviously was a palace. You approach through a suitably impressive set of gates along a gravelled drive past the stables and then the grand entrance up those steps. Never been inside as it was closed prior to restoration when last I was there.
Albufeira Resident

alan&alice View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alan&alice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/May/2009 at 22:03
Thats scrubbed up nicely,Tonguemmm Estoi Palace,now thats a prospective
"beckenham palace"if i ever saw oneLOL.thats another must for us to visit next time we're out Smile.
http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/albufeira/481652
Margb1509 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margb1509 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/August/2009 at 06:05
It's right in the middle of the little town of Estoi, which is just off the N2 about 6 miles north of Faro.

It's set in some very nice looking ornamental gardens which were open to the public a couple of years ago. It obviously was a palace. You approach through a suitably impressive set of gates along a gravelled drive past the stables and then the grand entrance up those steps. Never been inside as it was closed prior to restoration when last I was there.
==
I have also been there and it was under restoration so you couldn't go inside.  Can you go inside it now? I was dying to go inside but everything was locked but we could peep thru some windows!
This place is magnificent, I have pics of it... will try and find them at some point.  I wonder who this belongs to now and what is to become of it, is it a residence or a lodging of some sort?

Margb1509 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margb1509 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/August/2009 at 06:09
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

http://www.pousadas.pt/historicalhotels/PT/pousadas/Portugal/Algarve/PalaciodeEstoi/gallery/PalaciodeEstoiGALLERY.htm#/

Ok well ignore my previous post lol obviously this place is now some kind of resort!! Wow i can't believe what they've done, but at least the original house has been restored and refurbished by the looks of it. I think I'd be afraid to ask what it would cost to stay there one night!!
Margb1509 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margb1509 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/August/2009 at 05:00
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

Here's another article on the history of the Palacio de Estoi:

TheLadyFiona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheLadyFiona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/August/2009 at 14:09
Hello, "Cubsur"
  I was not shocked that the cliff at Maria Luisa beach collapsed! It was beyond horrible that anyone was caught beneath it, though. (I never walk close to those shored-up aberrations. I don't trust anything done by the new, young, town planners.) The elevator, the "new" plaza, which used to be O JArdim....
 Do you have photos? 
 Has there been any progress in the search for the person who abducted little Madeleine?
 I know that this is "off topic" but perhaps it is time to talk about things of consequence (?)
 I visited the palace at Estoi some years ago. It was so beautiful. I am looking forward to seeing it again and perhaps being able to afford a cocktail there~!
 Best,
 Fiona
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/August/2009 at 19:44

All the recent photos I have are on my webspace http://thomasallen.spaces.live.com and there are i am afraid none of Maria Luisa, but the Portuguese newspapers have plenty.

The green-tiled building is still for sale by the way!

The 'Madeleine' search has been forgotten here. There is no current discussion and none required in my opinion.

Albufeira Resident

gerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/August/2009 at 23:58
I enquired about the price of the Green tiled building, I forget what they quoted but the saying " you can pay too much for Gold" comes to mind
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/August/2009 at 08:57
The Green Tiled Building!!

Sorry, only just seen this thread, here's pics I took at Easter this year, it had the for sale banner then.

and the balustrade, what character (what's left of it)

Andrew
alan&alice View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alan&alice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/August/2009 at 08:33
We walked past it yesterday afternoon and its still in the same stateErmm the damn graffiti makes it look worse than it is.
http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/albufeira/481652
john2604smith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john2604smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/August/2009 at 14:40
location, location. location !
ownersdirect P3708
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2010 at 16:42
Slowly it crumbles away. Picture taken this afternoon.

Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 21>
  Share Topic