Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » The Good and the Bad / O Bom e o Mau
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Green tiled building is for sale

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 21>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2021 at 08:52
Me neither. Most of the early pictures I have ever seen are in black and white but I feel sure I have seen one in rather garishly rendered colour. I will try to find it.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2021 at 10:07
This is one I took in December 2003. Not the best but well before the lift was built, the beach widened and that precarious looking structure fell down. I will continue the search for the other one.

Albufeira Resident

lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2021 at 10:16
Beautiful 
my beautiful portugal
A9NDY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2021 at 14:36
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

Me neither. Most of the early pictures I have ever seen are in black and white but I feel sure I have seen one in rather garishly rendered colour. I will try to find it.
heres one I found online from the late 80s 
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2021 at 16:26
Great. Thanks.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
AJSUGGY View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2021 at 16:32
It looks an impressive building compared to the normal houses that are just painted white, so it must have stuck out like a sore thumb.
A9NDY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2021 at 17:12
I have quite a few photos of the building from 2008-2019 that I’m going to upload at some point so you all can see the rate of decline . I’ve picked a few good ones the roof completely collapsed by 2015
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2021 at 12:23
A9NDY - that's the one I was looking for. Thanks. Looking forward to your furthercontributions. There is in fact one tiny area of green remaining, just above that left hand door.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/April/2021 at 10:19
Nothing to see at the moment. The building is completely shrouded in netting and hidden behind tall fences. Work obviously continues inside, judging by the amount of stuff being left on site, but high up so it can't be nicked.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/April/2021 at 16:18
Picture taken earlier today. Absolutely nothing can be seen of what they are doing inside. Loads of cement and other building materials outside.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/June/2021 at 08:46
Nnothing to report. The building is completely hidden behind tall fences and screens. Any work is impossible to see
Albufeira Resident

Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/June/2021 at 12:24
Perhaps if you stand back several hundred yards.......er, perhaps not.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/June/2021 at 08:29
Maybe tomorrow, Sunday, when they are not working I can see if I can peep over the top of one of the fences.
Albufeira Resident

lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/June/2021 at 08:35
Look forward to it
my beautiful portugal
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/July/2021 at 14:04
Went past this morning. Site still shrouded in wrappings. No visible or audible sign of activity. I wonder?
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 21>
  Share Topic