Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Weather / O Clima
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWeather in Albufeira today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 493494495496497 566>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/July/2020 at 11:57
I have a question about living with the Albufeiran climate.
I often visit early or late in the year when to me the daytime weather is mostly warm enough for shirt sleeves and a light jacket or sweater at night.  I see locals wearing warm and often heavy clothes.  Does a resident Brit. become acclimatized over time to where they feel heat and cold the same as the Portuguese?
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/July/2020 at 12:05
I feel the cold more in winter, for sure. The only time the heat is a problem is when it is hot all day and night with no breeze. As it is at the moment. This is usually only a few weeks of the year luckily. 
Go away Duchatalet
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/July/2020 at 12:11
Addendum to Toms report above.
We currently, at mid day, have 27.8 degrees with the reported highs expected early afternoon.
So 2.00 to 3.00 brace yourself for 32 degrees if IPMA have called it correctly.
What I would add, and I’m not liking, is the strong breeze, that needs to knock off a bit!
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/July/2020 at 16:22
IPMA were right, we made 32 and in this wind, it is hotter than it needs to be!
My bare feet on our Calcada's were crying 'ouch', I quickly had to get back to shaded ground.
Very hot.
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/July/2020 at 08:07
Very hot indeed and likely to be hotter today as the heatwave continues.

Temperature at 0800 is 26.8º, there is almost no wind. The wind will pick up later and will be coming from the south or south-east. That will keep things feeling slightly less hot than the expected 37º maximum this afternoon. A Spanish style siesta could be in order! The DGS has put out a warning about the dangers of high temperatures. Inland, it is going to be much hotter, up to 40º in some parts. Fire risk for most of the Algarve is extreme.

Tonight will be fairly warm, but not unpleasant, at around 23 or 24º.

For tomorrow and the weekend, the wind will continue to come across the sea keeping the daytime temperature down in the 32- 34º range. Night-time will be in the low 20´s. Much the same all next week.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/July/2020 at 09:50
Last night, as the footy finished, 10.15pm ‘ish, I thought I better show my face out on the terrace. It was still 28.8degrees!!! And very pleasant to.
Today as Tom says, it’s scorchio. Be careful particularly this afternoon otherwise it will fry you!
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/July/2020 at 08:11
Yesterday peaked at 33.4º outside my back door. The breeze was pretty strong for a couple of hours which kept things reasonable. Today may be slightly cooler, but still up around 32º.

Temperature at 0805am is 27.1º, so just about the same as this time yesterday, And, like yesterday morning, there is almost no wind. That will increase later, coming off the sea, maximum temperature along the coast will be around  32º. it might be up to 35º inland a bit. Tonight, down to 23 or 24º an.

The weekend looks like being a touch cooler, only 30º perhaps and on Sunday there might be some white fluffy things in the sky. Steady weather next week, every day 32 - 34º with nights 20 - 22, later in the week cooler nights when the wind changes direction.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/July/2020 at 09:35
It won't be as hot as it was yesterday! Temperature though at 0930am is 28.3º, there is a bit of breeze this morning coming off the sea. It will be breezy all day with a maximum of 30º.

A change in wind direction during the night will bring the temperature down to 22 or 23º, then tomorrow will again be around 29 or 30 with possibly some cloud during the middle of the day. From Monday the daytime temperature will be back into the low 30's although the nights might be quite cool at 19 or 20º in northerly wind.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/July/2020 at 08:29
It's cooler this morning than it has been for a while. Temperature at 0825am is 24.3º, sky is clear except for a slight haze out to sea. There is little wind.

The temperature will climb to around 30º by lunchtime and may just get a little hotter later in the afternoon if the wind changes direction as forecast. For most of the day wind will be coming from the south or south east. Around tea time this is expected to shift to come from the south west.

Tonight will be calm and around 22º. Monday and Tuesday could be cloudy at times and humid, but hot at around 30 - 32º. The rest of the week hot and sunny, 31 - 33º.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/July/2020 at 10:24
It was quite murky earlier. The sun is out now although there are still a few high clouds around. Temperature at 1020am is 28.4º and there is very little wind.

The official forecast for today suggests a sharp peak in temperature for the district of 37º around tea-time. Looks a bit optimistic to me. Along the coast maximum more likely 33 or 34º I think, it may be hotter inland.

Tonight will be warmer than last night at around 23 or 24º but it might be quite windy at times. Tuesday and Wednesday could both be quite cloudy and only perhaps 30º at best. After that it will be very hot again.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/July/2020 at 09:44
No sun so far today. A thin veil of cloud covers the entire sky, it is quite windy and also more humid than of late. Temperature at 0940am is 26.4º.

The wind, which is coming across the sea, will gradually decrease in strength, the sun will come out after a while but the maximum temperature is unlikely to be more than 29º. Do wrap up well if venturing out.

Tonight will be calm and around 21 or 22º. Tomorrow will be also be cloudy but a little bit warmer then from Thursday the wind shifts around to bring hot air from inland and temperatures back up to the 35 or 36º mark.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/July/2020 at 08:40
It's another cloudy morning here, a little thicker than yesterday. There is a very light wind. Temperature at 0835am is 25.1º.

The cloud will gradually thin out, the wind will increase with today's maximum temperature being up around 30º, perhaps just a little more around tea-time by when the wind will be coming more from the north.

Tonight won't be too hot, around 23 or 24º. But the change in wind direction means tomorrow and the next two or three days are likely to be very hot, around 36º. It might be a little cooler along the coast.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/July/2020 at 09:23
It's going to be hot today although there will be a bit of a wind to keep it feeling not quite so bad.

Temperature at 0920am is 26.3º, clear sky and hardly any wind.

Today's expected high could be as much as 38º, around teatime this afternoon. The wind will be noticeable this afternoon as it was yesterday so it will feel cooler, especially along the coast.

It won't be all that warm tonight, 22º, so good for a sleep.

The next few days are going to see little change. 35º+ during the day, 22 or 23 at night.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/July/2020 at 08:31
Bright and fairly breezy this morning. At 0825am the temperature has just hit 24º.

Forecast for today in the area shows a possible maximum of 39º. It will be cooler near the coast with the likely fairly strong wind, but inland it's going to be a hot one for sure.

Tonight will be quite cool in a northerly wind, possibly as low as 20º.

The weekend will be hot, 34 - 36º as will the whole of next week. Nights will be pleasant though with the northerly wind bringing cool air and temperatures in the low 20's..
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/July/2020 at 10:16
It's another bright and breezy morning before a fairly hot day. Temperature at 1010am is 27.0º. It will be fairly windy for most of the day. Maximum temperature along the coast will be around 33º as it was yesterday. Inland could reach as much as 37.

Tonight we will be in a fairly strong northerly air flow, so it won't be all that warm, down to 22 or 23º.

Tomorrow will be pretty similar to today, the rest of the week a little bit cooler perhaps but still up around 30 - 32º.
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 493494495496497 566>
  Share Topic