Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Weather / O Clima
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWeather in Albufeira today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 468469470471472 566>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/August/2019 at 09:48
No breeze at all this morn, 23 degrees at 9.30, only 30 forecast as today’s high. Yesterday late afternoon got very hot, so bring on today, the usual no cloud at all and the sun beaming down. Pretty much same as really.
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/August/2019 at 09:48
Quite cloudy! How dare it! But also bright, it may well burn off, a nice 23 degrees at 9.30 with 31 forecast for later.
Nice slight breeze. All good.
Yesterday afternoon the machine and measuring thingys said a high of 31, I have to say we were melting, it may have been the breeze or the humidity that was fooling us but it was scorchio!
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/August/2019 at 08:50
Very still through the night, not a sign of the slightest breeze and it dropped to as low as 18.
Today, the lightest of air movement, you could hardly call it a breeze, no cloud, some high fuzz miles out to sea which will soon be burnt off and the sun on scene nice and early. It was a very pleasant 22 at 8.30 this morning and there in lies my surprise. IPMA are saying a high of only 29 today, maybe they know something I don’t but for me, all the signs are here for it to be scorchio this afternoon.
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/August/2019 at 09:18
What!,,
This morning, full, wet mist! Grey as something that’s very grey! The air is full of moisture and the ground is wet, I guess not rain but some form of precipitation, not nice at all and certainly not expected or forecast.
It is mild, 22 degrees at 9.00am with a high of 28 forecast. Apparently a 17% chance of rain but what we currently have probably ticks that box. Should improve during the day and return to full sun later this after, then back into 30’s tomorrow.

Yesterday IPMA obviously knew, as I clearly didnt, that the wind was on its way and that’s why we topped out in the high 20’s only.

Mentioned a few days ago how the temperature along the coast can vary so greatly, I did an airport run last night, it was 4 degrees cooler there than here!
Andrew
Poundsix View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/August/2019 at 12:09
Blimey! webcam looks like your in a real pea souper!
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/August/2019 at 19:16
Normal service resumed by mid afternoon and the forecast high of 28 was spot on. 33 forecast for tomorrow and 35 for Wednesday on!
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/August/2019 at 09:03
Clear sky, warming up nicely, 21 at 8.45, 32 forecast later, there is a nice breeze, maybe some cloud later.
There is some clag high out to sea but I’m told it’s not cloud it’s smoke from the hill fires!
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/August/2019 at 09:35
From about 4.00am the wind really got up and continues now, it’s really quite strong. It is mild though, currently 21 but with only 28 forecast later. 50/50 blue sky/white cloud, a great washing day!
Temperatures increase through the week with several mid thirty days mid to late week predicted.
I wonder how long this wind will take to whip the sea up? At some stage later today or tomorrow the surfers will be happy.
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/August/2019 at 08:32
The wind stayed all day yesterday and all through the night, it’s, in the past hour, knocked off a bit to what I’d now call a breeze. Totally clear skies now, earlier report than usual, so at 8.15 we had just 19 degrees and with the breeze that’s quite fresh, the temp will soon and quickly rise, 32 is forecast for later.
We’ve been noticing that whatever the afternoon temperature is, at about 5.00pm it just increases for an hour, the peak seems to be as late as that in the day.
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2019 at 09:22
The wind has died off now, it is a light breeze and that will be why we have, can you believe, 35 degrees forecast for later, too hot!
Yesterday we did hit 32 and that is “frying tonight” stuff so be careful out there if it does get to what’s forecast later this afternoon.
Currently a pleasant 21 degrees with a light intermittent breeze, pretty much clear skies, there is some high fuzz but that’s surely going to get burned off pretty quickly.
All in all, typical August day on the Algarve. Bring it on but watch the direct sun this afternoon, sun hats and cream to the ready!
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/August/2019 at 09:05
Yesterday, as forecast, was scorchio!
Today is glorious already, the lightest breeze, clear skies, 22 degrees already and 31 forecast. There really is nothing else to add.
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/August/2019 at 09:08
When you back Tom? I’ve had enough of this now!
Well today, ditto really, light breeze, not a cloud to be seen, 23 already, 34 forecast, it’s the Algarve in August.
Don’t think there’s much need for this thread, the occasional day when it’s not as expected might be worth reporting but otherwise it’s same as, same as and that is scorchio, guess that’s one of the main reasons we all come here. Another great day in store and, just a heads up, tomorrow is predicted even hotter at 35!
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2019 at 09:23
It really is August weather now, very hot yesterday, well into the 30’s.
Today we start with a breeze but the mercury is climbing already, currently 24 and we have 35 forecast, be carefull, it’s fierce. Usual totally clear azure blue skies, paradise!
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/August/2019 at 09:16
Come on Tom, I’m fed up of posting the same...
Other than the breeze at the moment being a bit stronger.... clear blue sky, full sun, 22 degrees at 9.00am and 34 coming later...

Again I’ll add, this is the IPMA forecast, I have most faith in that, the BBC one is stupid as they are always several degrees lower but even IPMA, the past few days, have called it low. Yesterday we were again in high thirties, very, very hot.
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/August/2019 at 08:14
I am returned! Arrived back yesterday afternoon to 33º.

This morning at 0810am it says 23.1º, it was quite windy earlier but seems to have calmed down a bit.  Forecast is for a sunny day and a maximum of 32º.

Tonight will fall to around 20º- minimum last night up here was 20.7

A change in the wind direction may bring slightly cooler temperatures for tomorrow and Wednesday.  Then for the next few days it's back to 31º and zero chance of rain.

Now I have two week's washing to do! Should get dry quickly enough
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 468469470471472 566>
  Share Topic