Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Weather / O Clima
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWeather in Albufeira today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 433434435436437 566>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/May/2018 at 10:10
A very bright start to the day, sun shining, blue sky, hardly any wind and the temperature at 1005am a very acceptable 19.8ºC. A good day in prospect, maximum temperature around 24ºC although it will feel hotter in the sun.

It won't be too bad tonight either, around 15ºC along the coast, a little cooler inland. It will be warmer tomorrow, but quite cloudy . Monday and Tuesday there is a slim chance of a bit of a shower, should be around 24ºC. From Wednesday, for several days, we will be in the wind coming from the north, so hot days, up around 26ºC but cold nights under clear skies.

Hay fever sufferers beware!

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2018 at 09:07
Another bright sunny morning, temperature at 0900 is 19.1ºC. There is very little wind. The pollen count must be in the millions, sneeze, sneeze.  So another nice day in prospect, temperature will rise to 26ºC, as yesterday it might become  cloudy and windy later with the slight chance of a shower or two. Tonight will see temperature fall to around 14ºc inland, a bit warmer along the coast.

It will be a similar day tomorrow, then for Tuesday and the rest of the week it will be fine and dry, daytime temperature in the mid 20's but cold at night 11 - 13 under a clear sky.
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2018 at 13:08
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

as yesterday it might become  cloudy and windy later with the slight chance of a shower or two.

Never saw a cloud all day here in Acoteias yesterday.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2018 at 20:43
8.30pm.
Looks black as hell towards Albufeira. A couple of claps of thunder but no rain here so far.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/May/2018 at 10:53
Yes, just as I emerged from a public house at 1845hrs the sky was as black as the pit. Arrive home 15 minutes or so later to a loud clap of thunder but that was that. Could smell the ozone but if it rained it wasn't hard enough to be heard.

This morning bright and sunny, with scattered high cloud and a light wind. Temperature at 1045am is 22.7ºC.  That will rise to 26 or 27 this afternoon. Not expecting any rain, but it could get very cloudy later. It will be a nice night, 17 or 18 along the coast, 15 or 16 inland.

Hotter tomorrow, could hit 29ºC. Slightly cooler for the rest of the week, but daytime temperatures will still be in the 25 - 27 range, which is well above average for the time of year. No rain forecast for here but there are likely to be thunderstorms further north which might make for some interesting flying.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/May/2018 at 10:19
Another bright morning, there is a little bit of a breeze fluttering the flags. Cloudy overhead and fairly hazy out to sea, can't see much that way.

Temperature at 1015am is 21.5ºC, so not quite as warm as yesterday. Max today 27ºC, staying cloudy. Fairly warm tonight, 14 or 15 inland, 17 or 18 along the coast perhaps.

Similar day expected tomorrow, cooler on Thursday and more like early May should be. Friday and the weekend should have daytime temperatures in the 24 - 26ºC range, wind from the north so clear sky means cold nights, 11 - 14 depending where you are. No rain is forecast.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/May/2018 at 10:03
Another cloudy but warm day and rather humid this morning. Temperature at 1000am is 21.2ºC, humidity says 75% and feels it. There's quite  a bit of high cloud and just a light wind.  Top temperature today could be 28ºC but it will stay cloudy. Nice tonight, 15 or 16 along the coast, 12 or 13 inland.

A cooler day is expected tomorrow, 22 or 23 only, which is about average for early May. Same for Friday, and it will be slightly cooler at night. A warm weekend is forecast with temperature moving back into the 25 or 26 on Sunday and that should hold for the rest of the week. No rain is coming they say.
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/May/2018 at 13:50
Not sure where they are getting 28 from because it's currently struggling to get above 22.
The wind is quite strong and chilly too and have seen more people wearing cardies than those in shorts and a top.
According to the BBC the max today was going to be 23 with a 17mph wind from the north/west.
Lost of yellow pollen coming from the pine trees today.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/May/2018 at 10:26
"Lost of yellow pollen coming from the pine trees today."

Don't I know it! Horrible day for me yesterday, didn't set foot outdoors and not much better this morning.

Looks nice enough out there, any pollen excepted. Temperature at 1020am is 19.5ºC, so a couple of degrees cooler than yesterday. There's  a very light wind at the moment, could pick up later as it did yesterday. Top temperature no more than 22 or 23 and it will become cloudier. It will be cooler tonight that it has been lately, 12 - 13 inland 14 - 15 along the coast.

Not much change is expected over the next couple of days.  From Sunday onward it should start getting warmer. no rain is expected.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/May/2018 at 10:37
Slightly cloudy morning, rather misty out to sea, sun is there though. Temperature at 1030am is 19.7ºC, light wind and the hayfever situation doesn't seem to be quite so bad as it has been this last couple of days, although I haven't been out yet!

It will stay pretty cloudy with a maximum temperature of no more than about 22 or 23, which is average for the time of year.

Tonight will be down to around 12 or 13 inland, 14 or 15 along the coast.

There won't be much change for the weekend.

Next week it could be little warmer but from Thursday the wind could shift to come from the south bringing a slim chance of rain.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/May/2018 at 09:47
Not quite so warm as yesterday, temperature at 0945am is 16.8ºC, there is a bit of a wind ruffling the sea a little. Bright sunshine overhead, a few clouds in the distance. Today should get to around 23ºC, it become cloudy again during the afternoon. No rain is forecast. Tonight will be OK, 13 or 14 along the coast, 11 or 12 inland.

Similar day tomorrow although colder at night, while Tuesday could reach 26ºC. For the rest of the week daytime temperatures will be in the mid 20's, night-times warmer than now at around 13 - 15. Very little if any chance of rain.
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/May/2018 at 22:21
Nice sunny day but my oh my that wind was a bit nippy - hot in the sun & out of the wind but decidedly muito frio out of the sun and in the wind.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/May/2018 at 09:16
I was in Lagos and even windier down there!

Anyway, a nice bright start to the morning, sun out, still a bit windy with whitecaps on the sea. Temperature at 0915 is 17.1ºC, which will rise to 23 or 24 this afternoon. There will be some high cloud around.

A cold night is expected with the wind from the north, could as low as 9ºC inland, 11 0r 12 along the coast.

Forecast for Monday and Tuesday is a high of 28ºC, 14 or 15 at night. Perhaps summer is here? Rest of the week not quite so hot but still mid 20's.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/May/2018 at 11:25
It has been a bright sunny morning, a little windy and still hayfevery as it was yesterday afternoon to my discomfort.

Temperature at 1120am is 21.9ºC, it is very dry and dusty air from the north. Forecast says we could have 28ºC this afternoon. Tonight will see temperature fall to around 13 inland, 15 or 16 along the coast.

Tuesday and Wednesday will be warm and sunny, temperature around 26 - 28 in the daytime, in fact that should be good until Friday at least. There is a fair chance of some rain over the coming weekend but the temperature will remain in the mid 20's.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/May/2018 at 08:15
A very bright sunny morning, light wind, clear sky and still a bit of pollen around by the feel of it, but no so bad as Sunday. Temperature at 0810am is 17.8ºC. Forecast for today is sun and 28ºC, above average for mid-May.

It will be a warm night, with the wind from the south-west, no lower than around 15 or 16. Same tomorrow. Thursday will be cloudier and maybe only 26ºC.

After that, the forecast is showing a slight chance of some light showers from Friday and over the weekend. Temperature will still be in the mid 20's daytime,, 14 - 16 at night.
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 433434435436437 566>
  Share Topic