Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Works in Old Town / Obras no Centro Antigo
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

More building conversion works!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More building conversion works!
    Posted: 26/February/2024 at 18:34
This is the building by the church steps on Sunday 25th February. I can see nothing to tell us what it is going to be.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Sponsored Links

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2024 at 18:15
The one opposite the Indian Nights, Travessa dos Arcos corner, is well on the way to completion.

The other, in the alley near the church, is going very slowly!

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/January/2024 at 14:14
Some progress. Also, a set of railings has appeared on the footpath up by the church, helpful to us old people up the hill after a good night out!

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/December/2023 at 08:37
The new building opposite Indian Nights restaurant is coming on fast. A whole new front in likely.

This is the front above the shops on Rua 5 de Outubro

And this is the one in the little alley (Travessa André Rebelo) that goes up from Rua 5 de Outubro towards the church

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/November/2023 at 14:21
I was able to go up on the roof of the apartments above Indian Nights restaurant for this view of the extensive restoration of the building across the street, on the corner of Rua dos Arcos.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/October/2023 at 18:33
Updates to those above plus a new one (the yellow one) up at the corner of Rua Samora Barros and Rua Diogo Leote. Work was proceeding apace everywhere.

This one is opposite the parish church and looks more like a restaurant than holiday apartments.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/October/2023 at 19:21
Work is definitely back under way at these sites and others nearby. I will have some pictures tomorrow. It is good to see these old properties being rebuilt, but I guess only for holiday lets. No-one will live in them. They have no parking.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/October/2023 at 09:14
Not much sign of activity, although the site is largely covered now.

Nearby, work also seems to have stopped on the old Imortal Sports Club building.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2023 at 08:10
A rebuild? Knocking it all down and starting again. I will have a closer look over the weekend. Most of the site was covered up so new picture needed.
Albufeira Resident

AJSUGGY View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/October/2023 at 19:09
I asked one of the chefs at Casa del Mar who used to work with the lady there till she retired, she lives next door to the construction site and was informed it was just a rebuild by the owner of the old building.
suggy
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/October/2023 at 21:14
Site is closed down by the looks of it. Another example of the couldn't care less attitude that prevails when it comes to building projects. Start, do a bit, stop, ask for more money, get refused, abandon.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/June/2023 at 09:12
The building permit simply says 'Habitação' which these days usually means apartments for tourists. However when I passed by yesterday, I had the impression that work had stopped. The permit has expired. There was no materiel on site, no sign of activity. I will have another look when I am in town on Wednesday.

Albufeira Resident

Tessagirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tessagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/March/2023 at 21:29
Do you know what the building will be used as once completed.  I have apt in Travessa dos Arcos but when I ask workmen they are very vague.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2023 at 19:54
State of play Sunday 20th

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2023 at 09:48
The building on the corner or Rua Igreja Nova and Travessa dos Arcos hs been entirely gutted and is being rebuilt. These shots from across the street show details of the oldest parts of the structure. The steps go up and over the street, nence the name Rua dos Arcos.

Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic