Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

90/180

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skiddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 90/180
    Posted: 09/January/2023 at 17:16
Arrived at faro airport this afternoon,wife sailed through at passport Control didn't even stamp..I on the other hand in a different queue was asked if i had residency & how long I was staying she spent ages looking at the computer checking the dates on my passport.. (the last time we were out was 21st June 2022 & returned 16th September 2022)..she asked again when I was returning & I said no longer than 90 days but she said I was already on day 45 & couldn't stay for very long & should apply for residency because we own property here she let me go through after about 15 minutes & told me to check Google & calculate my stay from previous dates which I did & it said I could stay another 90 days & return in march..can anyone advise on what she may have meant because she said I would be fined or not let back in for a while if I overstayed totally confusing..thank you
Sponsored Links

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/January/2023 at 18:11
It's 90 days in any 180, so your current 180 expires on 21st January. Staying for those three months used up 88 days if my counting is correct. To me that means two days left.

Apparently you count back from your day of last exit, then forward from your next day of entry.

There are people I know who are regular visitors who use programs to make sure they don't go over the allowance. I have permanent residency, so I don't need to calculate and I have no idea how immigration officers in Europe do it.

I am sure someone will come along and explain how they do it!
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Skiddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skiddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/January/2023 at 18:40
Thanks cubsur..very confusing I mean she must know what she's talking about you would think.. but she did say we came over in July but in fact it was June? 🤔
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/January/2023 at 21:13
I have one of the calculation thingys. 

I put your dates in and it comes up that you have to leave the Schengen area by the 8th April. 

I took a screenshot and sent it to Cubsur who will post it here for your viewing. 

I think you’ll find it’s correct because if you count back from the 8th April 2023, 180 days would take you back to the 11th October 2022, well after your last exit date of 16th September 2022. 
we're not brazil we're norn iron
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/January/2023 at 21:21
Obviously please double check this is correct. 
we're not brazil we're norn iron
Skiddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skiddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/January/2023 at 05:03
Thanks Bob D..we also put our dates in to the calculator & it said we could enter the schengen again on the 16th December 2022 & stay for 90 days until 15th march..it's just so confusing 🙃
hamlet View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/January/2023 at 15:00
On another point, if I have read the rules correctly it is your wife's responsibility to ensure her passport is stamped on entry if she is using a UK passport. A unstamped passport may cause a problem when leaving the country.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/January/2023 at 15:32
Here's screenshot promised earlier. I commented that if the border control police don't know to calculate it, what hope do we have? And an unstampedpassport can be a problem. Best take some proof of entry date e.g. plane ticket when leaving so that they can double stamp it if needed.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic