Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Sports Results & Opinions/Resultados Desportivos e Opiniões
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

5 a-side Opponents Wanted

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5 a-side Opponents Wanted
    Posted: 14/July/2022 at 09:15
I know the one you mean but I have never seen anyone using it.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Sponsored Links

Bunnyrunner View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/July/2022 at 13:40
There is a hardcourt pitch, (it's more for kids but would do the job) at Camping Albufeira just down the N396 Ferreiras road from the Discoverer's roundabout. 
Not been in there recently but in wintertime there are some guys play 5 a side from the Hot Sun Bar on Rua Primeiro de Dezembro on the way out of town opposite Jaipur Indian restaurant.
"You wake up a winner only you can make yourself a loser"- Declan Murphy
Muhsin17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muhsin17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/July/2022 at 15:42
Thank you for the advice! Fingers crossed. If not, it’ll just have a be a few beers instead! Cheers
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/July/2022 at 19:55
The only place in Albufeira where you can play five a side is the pitch at the Bellavista bar near McDonald's in the town centre. Good luck, as it is usually pretty solidly booked for much of the day. There is no organised local small sized football except some towns have teams in the regional futsal league. And they take it dead serious!

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Muhsin17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muhsin17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/July/2022 at 10:42
Thank you - I’ll do that now. Have a good day!
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/July/2022 at 22:34
OK, football not my thing so next best......join the group - destination albufeira - on facebook. 17000 members, many tourists and many locals. Ask on there and sure you'll have more luck and don't forget to ask about a court/pitch/place to play
Muhsin17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muhsin17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/July/2022 at 21:47
Hi and thanks for the response.

I’ve spoken to Gary and he mentioned his teams probably require 7’s and above.

We are really just hoping for a kickabout with 5 guys who fancy a match. Would you be interested?

Free pizza on offer… a reasonable offer in these times of austerity :)

Cheers!
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/July/2022 at 21:09
Google - algarve football tours - then speak to owner gary who might be able to help
Muhsin17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muhsin17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/July/2022 at 19:42
Hello,

My friends and I will be visiting the Algarve next week and we are looking for a game of 5’s.

One of my friends recently lost his father and we would like to host a friendly game of 5 a-side in his memory at his favourite holiday resort (Algarve).

Ideally, the match would be on either the 15th or 16th of June and we would be willing to travel to the venue and provide post-match pizzas afterwards. We are a group of 30-somethings who certainly aren’t going to cause any concern for the local scouts!

If you’re interested, please feel free to reply or better still, send me a whatsapp on +966 544374345.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

TIA, Sean
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic