Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Faro Airport

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
PateoSteve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PateoSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Faro Airport
    Posted: 15/July/2022 at 13:12
My friends passport has a number of stamps non of which are legible and they ask him at security when he was last in Portugal. Wonderful system.
Sponsored Links

Gazza View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/July/2022 at 10:49
Ah but we got those BLUE passports, as promised by brexiters!  Wink

Take only memories, leave only footprints
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/July/2022 at 08:58
That's your card marked, more than my job's worth mate, cannot read the date, you're barred.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/July/2022 at 12:30
A rubber stamp which, of the four my wife and got (two in and two out) on only one can you read a date. They are so feint.
Colin
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/July/2022 at 09:13
Seems one of the problems is that there are not enough staff available to stamp UK passports for those coming through the e gates and staff the desks at the same time.

It is bizarre that in this digital electronic age where everyone's comings and goings are scanned and recorded on countless databases that someone has to physically bash a rubber stamp onto a piece of paper.
Albufeira Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PateoSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/July/2022 at 08:58
In April this year the Portuguese government announced they would allow UK passport holders to use the automated booths from May. (As reported in The Resident)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PateoSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/July/2022 at 08:26
The Portuguese government announced at the beginning of May that they would allow UK citizens to use the electronic booths. It seems no one told the airport's.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/July/2022 at 19:49
At Faro it is probable that Irish and EU passport holders coming from the UK or Ireland will be able to use the gates. The third world previously known as the UK will have to undergo the ritual examinations to be allowed into Portugal. There was a pretty big scrum at the passport control area when I passed today, going the other way. Not as bad as when I arrived that night two weeks ago, but pretty bad.

No such issues at Gatwick this afternoon. Plane took off 45 minutes late in the end, perfectly acceptable by air travel standards. Landed at Gatwick 1435, off the aircraft at 1449, no waiting at all at the electronic gates, which are of course open to those of many nations unlike those at Faro, had my bag at 1512 and was on the station heading for my train at 1530.

I am wondering that since UK passport holders will need the ETIAS 'visa' to enter the EU from next year, will the UK retaliate? All measures so far to 'keep them out' having failed unless you are are a second rate footballer or can row. Will an extra layer of bureaucracy have any effect?

And of course there will be a fee to pay for the ETIAS, which will be valid for three years. I can't yet find out how much this will cost. Presumably those of us living in Portugal using UK passports will have to have one to be able to come back.

How do I get a Portuguese passport?

Yours, temporarily,

Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells.

PS it is very hot and humid here.
Albufeira Resident

hamlet View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hamlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/July/2022 at 18:18
Originally posted by Bunnyrunner Bunnyrunner wrote:

I'm not sure if you mean are these out of order? They have worked previously but were turned off during covid because of the need to manually check documentation. In the future EU passport holders will potentially use them, but UK passport holders will probably never have that delight as their passports need to be stamped and the 90 day stay monitored. of couse in the near future (May 2023) UK passport holders will need to have ETIAS entry (non) visas checked.

The system operated in April in Amsterdam when transferring allowed U. K. Passport holders the use of the electronic machine and before exiting the Control Room two Border Guards were waiting to stamp U.K. Passports. The ratio of E. U. and Brits going through Faro will not be like for like Amsterdam so probably not workable.
Bunnyrunner View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/July/2022 at 13:37
I'm not sure if you mean are these out of order? They have worked previously but were turned off during covid because of the need to manually check documentation. In the future EU passport holders will potentially use them, but UK passport holders will probably never have that delight as their passports need to be stamped and the 90 day stay monitored. of couse in the near future (May 2023) UK passport holders will need to have ETIAS entry (non) visas checked.
"You wake up a winner only you can make yourself a loser"- Declan Murphy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PateoSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/July/2022 at 13:07
I think we should offer a prize to the first person to use the electronic booths. Still not working on our flight out on Monday!
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/July/2022 at 10:41
No problem at Faro this morning. Only one Easyjet flight near mine. Arrived almost at the head of the queue at 0905, checkin opened at 0930 for departure at 1130. Everything was good getting me through security and exit passport control and I was airside at 0955.

Huge crowds at Jet2.com and Ryanair checkins.

Flight will be about 15 minutes late leaving.

Now for Gatwick!
Albufeira Resident

Bunnyrunner View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/June/2022 at 12:41
Yes that's similar to our experience on Thursday. Delays are at check in and bag drop, If you only have hand luggage then getting through security and passport control took us just 20 minutes. Then your problem is finding a space on the plane to put your case. Despite all the seats in our row being empty we had to put our cases 5 rows away. It seems more people have heeded the warnings and are only bringing hand luggage.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/June/2022 at 09:43
For the record, when I flew to UK on 8th June I arrived at the airport 2 hours before departure then stood in the Easyjet checkin queue for 1 hour 15 minutes Four desks were dealing with three flights all leaving more or less at the same time. No big wait at security and only a minute of two at the exit passport control, but it takes about 10 minutes with all the walking. Just made it on board!
Albufeira Resident

JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/May/2022 at 10:27
I saw them working and then they broke down immediately, I just expect the queue as it is the normal at most airports now , Uk worse 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic