Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Local Transportation / Transportes Locais
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Faro and UK airport delays

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poundsix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Faro and UK airport delays
    Posted: 20/April/2022 at 12:51
Coming over in early May, and wondered if anyone could report on the recent state of play at Faro and UK airports? UK press was enjoying reporting massive delays over Easter holidays but seems to have gone quiet now? Are there still big problems at security etc?
Sponsored Links

JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/April/2022 at 17:52
We had no issues at all, through in 15 minutes, even with a large queue, didn’t want to look at passenger locator at all !
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/April/2022 at 08:18
I flew out of Faro last Thursday, day before Easter. Took about 45 minutes from the time I arrived until the time I was through the final passport check. The airport departures area wasn't massively busy. I flew Easyjet, there were maybe 100 people in front of me. Their checkin was fairly efficient and rather nicely they opened up the Speedy Boarding desk to those with small children and those over 65. No issues at all going through security.

The queue for the final passport check for those going to the third world (UK) was very long but took only ten minutes or so.

I did notice a huge mass of people in the arrivals area waiting to go through passport control. The E gates are not in use as everyone's paperwork has to be checked. There is an issue with residents using British passports. If they go through the gates it logs them as visitors who must leave on 90 days. So manual checks are needed.

All that of course could be different on any given day. On my previous flight out from Faro in February I was standing in the checkin queue itself for 50 minutes.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Poundsix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poundsix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/April/2022 at 09:12
Luck of the draw every time I guess, but it sounds like things are pretty much back to "normal".
mrandyd View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrandyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/April/2022 at 22:15
I don’t know if this will help the queues when we land at Faro

https://www.telegraph.co.ukews/2022/04/22/ugal-treat-british-travellers-eu-citizens-borders-cut-air/ - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/04/22/portugal-treat-british-travellers-eu-citizens-borders-cut-airport/
JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/April/2022 at 12:23
We came through yesterday and no issues at all, queue at the bag drop but none at security at all.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2022 at 10:34
Yes, the electronic gates should now be available for British tourists on arrival. Any news gratefully received. I can't use them on Thursday as the gates don't know I a resident.
Albufeira Resident

Poundsix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poundsix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/April/2022 at 12:53
No wonder there has been a lot of confusion about the Passenger Locator Form! All news tells us that it is no longer required but if you check through .Gov.UK it refers you to "Aeroportos De Portugal" which as of today 26/04/22 gives the following advice:

10. I am travelling to Portugal. Which forms do I have to fill?
All passengers travelling to mainland Portugal, in transit or with connecting flights, must fill in the Passenger Locator Form after check-in and before boarding, via portugalcleanandsafe.com:
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/April/2022 at 07:52
How we expect a UK government to react to another government's decisions when they cannot sort themselves out?

Why refer to an airport website that hasn't been updated when there is a clear statement on the official Portuguese government site?

"The law that required filling in the Passenger Locator Form on all flights to Portugal has been revoked, so it is no longer necessary to present it at the time of boarding."

Tomorrow when I return to Portugal I am not going to allow Easyjet to over-rule the official position.

Everything else still applies though. Vaccination certificates or alternatives. You can travel with any other infection or contagion of course.

Happy Holidays.
Albufeira Resident

Poundsix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poundsix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/April/2022 at 09:38
IN BLACK AND WHITE!Cut and pasted from Portugal.Gov.Pt

Council of Ministers press conference of 21 April 2022

Other changes
The Council of Ministers also approved the end of the mandatory completion of the passenger locator form (Passenger Locator Form) on flights and cruise ships with destination or stopover in mainland Portugal.
Ken from Kent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken from Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/April/2022 at 12:47
Flew LTN-Fao and returned FAO-London Gatwick over the last couple of days. My experience:

To Faro - cursory glance at Covid pass by eJ staff; e-gates not working at Faro (and haven’t for quite some time in my experience). UK passport stamped. Queue quite small and no one allowed to head for the EU line. No passenger locator form required or asked for. Many not wearing masks in terminal

Return to London - passport control is now back it’s ‘summer’ position, between security and duty free. Again queues were light so everyone using non-EU line. Covid vaccine certificate not asked for at boarding gate. And of course no passenger locator form to get back into UK.

I do this trip every month of so. It’s certainly getting easier. Roll on summer
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2022 at 08:19
Airport delays?

Me being pedantic perhaps, but surely a delay is when something is supposed to happen at a certain time but does not, or when something is supposed to take a certain amount of time but takes longer?

As airports have no set time for how long us two legged cattle must stand, shuffle forward and moo while waiting to be processed, there are no delays.

Anyway, I shall be flying back to Faro myself later today and shall report tomorrow on my exicting travel experience.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2022 at 14:47
So far, so good! Flying Easyjet Gatwick - Faro.

Train left Eastbourne 1306 arrived Gatwick 1401. Advance single ticket £2.70. Into station and immediate shuttle to North Terminal arrived 1408. Through Easyjet bag drop at 1423, no-one checking stuff asked for my vaccination certificate so look out! A short walk onto security, not very busy, through at 1435. I hour until flight gate is called. Flight allegedly on time.

More later.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2022 at 08:14
I knew it was too goo to last! Everyone was on board at 1630, then we were held 40 minutes waiting for the water bearers to fill the aircraft's tanks. Finally took off at 1717, 47 minutes late. Arrival in Faro 1940, 15 minutes late. No problem at passport control, through the queue and out in ten minutes. Electronic gates not available. My bag as on the carousel before I got there, no customs check and I was in the arrivals hall waiting at 2005.

Several stag and hen groups on the flight which was 99% full.

The other passenger arriving a bit later wasn't so lucky, three flights from UK in rapid succession caused a wait of 25 minutes to clear immigration.

PS at Gatwick I was not asked to show my vaccination certificate until the final boarding check. Just suppose I had forgotten it or didn't think I needed one?
Albufeira Resident

Poundsix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poundsix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2022 at 08:48
Not bad! Considering the current state of cattle transportation, I think you did well!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic