Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Algarve Foreign Residents / Residentes Estrangeiros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Residencia renewal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/November/2022 at 08:26
SEF also advised me by email that local appointments will be available in the 'future'.

Strange thing is that when I first investigated the system everything seemed to work as it should. I got as far as seeing that only Lisbon was available, so did not proceed.

Now when I click on that box next to my name, nothing happens. I tried with Javascript on and off and with adblock off, still nothing, but I will give it another bash this afternoon. Just want to be sure I can do what's needed when I need it.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/November/2022 at 10:02
First hand reports from those who went to Lisbon last week to get theirs done say it all went well, with some being in and out of the office within 15 minutes.
Albufeira Resident

animallover View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote animallover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/November/2022 at 17:27
It's expecting alot from people to travel from the Algarve to Lisbon for a 15 minute appointment. We'll wait until a nearer location is offered.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/November/2022 at 07:58
Me too, but there is currently no sign of any possibility of doing this anywhere in the Algarve. I shall await the call!

Meanwhile, packing my bags in case I have to be deported.
Albufeira Resident

wendyhsmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wendyhsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/November/2022 at 14:15
We went to Lisbon, €10 each way on the Rede Express bus.  30 min walk to SEF office.
Make sure you get past the security guard on the door who was struggling with crowd control.  Get inside and say you have an appointment, preferably in Portuguese.

There is only one desk, one worker.  About 150 people milling around.  Get to the desk with your passport and tell them you have an appointment.  Try to ignore the hords who are doing other SEF stuff and trying to get to the desk too.

She will give you a piece of paper and a number.  The paper asks for Mother's name, Father's name, your address, your fiscal number, your social security number, your health centre number, your mobile number.  Fill it in leaving blank any numbers you don't have.  Don't worry if your details have changed in any way.  Wait your turn for your number to appear on the TV screen (we waited an hour).

Of all the desks only 3 are for the Biometric ID.  They copy the info you have written out onto the system, you don't need original documents.  Then photo and fingerprints.  For one of us it was smooth, the other not, computer says no and all that.  One has managed to generate payment form and paid and awaiting card, the other computer still says no.

Relatively easy.

Oh, and keep your current paper because your card will have a start date of the day of your appointment but they will honour your original start date, apparently, when you renew again.

Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/November/2022 at 10:13
We both received an e-mail this morning are now booked into Faro Loja do Cidade on December 7th. Thumbs Up
Go away Duchatalet
Bunnyrunner View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/November/2022 at 11:14
Yes same here, It looks like you can go to Lisboa, Faro or Quarteira. It names two options. Espaco de Cidadao - Faro. This comes up in Google maps as Quarteira 14km distance
Loja de Cidadao - Faro, comes up in Google maps as truly Faro 31km away.

The Espaco has slots available after Christmas and the Loja has slots available from 12th December onwards. So Perry was quick off the markLOL
"You wake up a winner only you can make yourself a loser"- Declan Murphy
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/November/2022 at 11:40
Loja is within the covered municipal market in Faro. Large car park underneath.  
Go away Duchatalet
Richardk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/November/2022 at 12:21
Oh bugger - I knew I shouldn't have booked Lisbon. I cant even choose the best queue in the supermarket , should have waited
Oh well it will only be a fraction of the emissions incurred by the Cop 27  conference 
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/November/2022 at 14:23
You do have the possibility of rescheduling, maybe that also allows a change of venue?
Richardk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/November/2022 at 15:56
I did think about rescheduling but just want to get it done now
Richardk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2022 at 17:40
We drove to Lisbon today , parked 100 yds from SEF office , we were allowed  in early but out within the hour so excellent as busy there . We are told we are getting 10 year cards - some have only been given 5 year

Faro etc would have been easier but glad its sorted
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2022 at 20:31
That's great Richard well done. Thanks for the update.

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/November/2022 at 08:43
I have been advised by others that I can rebook with a change of venue. When I received the second email from SEF I was offered only Lisbon and nothing before the 20th of December! So I booked the 22nd.

I shall try that this afternoon.
Albufeira Resident

lizrod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizrod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/November/2022 at 12:54
I thought you could only be a resident of one country or am I wrong in thinking that 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic