Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Algarve Foreign Residents / Residentes Estrangeiros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Residencia renewal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony & mau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Residencia renewal
    Posted: 14/April/2022 at 10:40
me and my wife have had temporary residency in albufeira since may 2016. it needs renewing before 30th may 2022. can we renew this at the town hall before this date? we spend about 22 weeks a year in our apartment at quinta da bella vista. we have filled our S E F application forms in and are waiting to hear from them giving us a date for an interview. we have tried filling in the automatic renewal forms but don't have the 9 digit number they ask us for. we are both in out 70s would welcome a little advice.    tony.
Sponsored Links

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/April/2022 at 08:26
Yes, you should go to the town hall. There is no sign when those of us with permanent residency that has expired will be able to apply for the new document. Meanwhile we have a paper that gives us indefinite leave to remain.

Make sure you take all the documents required.

I don't know if you can just turn up or whether you have to make an appointment.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
tony & mau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony & mau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/April/2022 at 08:55
.thank you so much for your reply. we will visit the town hall next week and hopefully get our problem sorted out. have a great day----tony and maureen.
tony & mau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony & mau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/April/2022 at 08:56
  .thank you so much for your reply. we will visit the town hall next week and hopefully get our problem sorted out. have a great day----tony and maureen.
wendyhsmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendyhsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/April/2022 at 10:29
I've just realised I need to do this, so I've filled in the form on SEF and downloaded a QR certificate.  What happens next? How do you get a date for an appointment?
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/April/2022 at 08:40
Apparently the successor organisation to the SEF will send us a summons to go to their office. Those of us who obtained our receipt and 'permission to remain' paper last December are still waiting.
Albufeira Resident

wendyhsmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendyhsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/April/2022 at 17:09
Ok thanks Tom.  Does the QR paper stop them stamping your passport or do they do that anyway?
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/April/2022 at 08:08
As a resident your passport should not be stamped nor should your presence be recorded on the database of tourists. Have the paperwork ready to show when your passport is inspected both on departure and arrival.
Albufeira Resident

Bunnyrunner View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/October/2022 at 18:19
Amazingly I have just had an invite from SEF to book an appointment for a new resident card (yes on a Sunday!)
The only problem is that the link takes me to a page with only 2 options;1)login to existing account or 2) create account.
Needless to say when I login in to my account, it has just three options; display application form 2)download residence certificate and 3)Log out!

Has anybody else managed to make an appointment with the SEF and if so how did you do it?

Thanks in advance.
"You wake up a winner only you can make yourself a loser"- Declan Murphy
Richardk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/October/2022 at 19:59
Hi Bunnyrunner
I got my email today and made an appointment on 16th Nov. Thats the good news , the bad news is the appointment is in Lisbon
You will already have regd so login in with your email and password
Richard
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2022 at 07:54
Loads of people in albufeira got emails recently. I’d wait and see if Loulé comes available. People saying they’ll call Sef to see if this will be an option.
Bunnyrunner View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2022 at 10:21
The SEF website definitely suggests the service will be available at a Town Hall. Maybe they haven't rolled it out yet. I guess cost could be an issue as each place offering the service will need a fingerprint scanner.

Scheduling an appointment (available only on January 2021)

Later SEF will notify you by email about scheduling an appointment to provide your biometric data (photo, signature and fingerprints) that will appear on your new residence permit.

The appointment will be held at a Town Hall that offers this service. You can choose a date and time for your appointment from the available slots in the Town Hall that is offering this service closest to your residence area.

"You wake up a winner only you can make yourself a loser"- Declan Murphy
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2022 at 10:57
they started with madeira island then cascais nr lisbon. loule was next to get it set up and many people have gone there. more places to offer the service but don't know when. lots of chat on social media - my advice is to wait for loule to become available or new places offering service. 
Kev&Ver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev&Ver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2022 at 11:14
Help line engaged - any news of Algarve availability? Lisbon too far
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/October/2022 at 07:59
Albufeira residents have all received the call.

I cannot even log on to the website, passwords and attempts to reset passwords are rejected. Everyone I have spoken to over the weekend and yesterday say they will wait until the process can be done in Albufeira. I for one will not spend €50 on train fares to go to an office in Lisbon only to be told I have forgotten one of the six hundred pieces of information no doubt required,
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic