Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Albufeira day 20th August

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Albufeira day 20th August
    Posted: 20/August/2021 at 10:12
Happy Albufeira Day.

Traffic is quiet as a Public Holiday today.
Apart from hearing of the day I dont know what /if any celebrations are going to be held  today
Sponsored Links

Richardk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Richardk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/August/2021 at 15:25
There will be fireworks tonight 11pm at several locations across the municipality- Gale, Marina, Oura & Olhos D agua. 
JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/August/2021 at 20:30
I didn’t know there was an Albufeira day, how lovely, wish I was there
dpx3001 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpx3001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/August/2021 at 22:15
Good to know, thanks. I did notice people who are usually going to work in the morning weren't going as usual, wearing shorts instead and going to the beach. I was guessing there is some holiday but didn't know it is local one.
dpx3001 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpx3001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/August/2021 at 23:13
It was very nice. Too far to snap photos so I didn't try, I am looking from bullring towards Olhos de Agua so it was bit far for camera. Being on the third floor did help a lot with visibility.
bebop View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bebop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/August/2021 at 23:28
Lucky you dpx, wish I was there 😉
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/August/2021 at 08:53
Albufeira Day 20 August honours St Vincent de Santo António, an early 17th century missionary born in Albufeira who came to a nasty end in Japan. He was beatified in 1867. His statue stands outside the old mansão near the parish church. I am sure that in former years it would have been more of a religious day, rather than close the office and go to the beach.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic