Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A 500 Euro note?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A 500 Euro note?
    Posted: 13/August/2021 at 16:48
Just come from the supermarché around the corner from the hotel I am staying in this weekend. Got to the till, unpacked my basket onto the belt. The couple in front of me had a bill of around €30 and wanted to pay with a €500 note! I have never seen one before, neither I suspect had the woman on the till. Various levels of management were summoned, eventually with note checkers. Then they had to find enough change to enable them to complete the business. All that took six or seven minutes.

Has this ever happened to you?

Obviously the notion of payment by card has some way to go içi en France.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Sponsored Links

peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2021 at 17:01
When there were more in circulation they were known as Bin Ladens - seldom seen! Had a couple thru work years ago but dont often see the yellow 200's either
AJSUGGY View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2021 at 19:11
Same here the only way I could use it was to pay it into my bank. Even then I got some strange looks. 
Richardk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2021 at 22:11
Its only use is for dodgy dealings - they have no other use
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic