Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Weather / O Clima
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Weather in south west France

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/August/2021 at 18:48
I have been to the Dune du Pilat and almost did myself permanent damage climbing to the very top! Worth it and a very nice walk along the sand for miles and a bus back to Arcachon.

I've not been to Cap Ferret. I could go this weekend but not unless the weather improves!

Last night was very stormy, woken up I was by rain hammering against the shutters, which at least I remembered to lower this time.  Rained a lot and was very windy today while I was out biking. Those of you living on UK coasts would appreciate the weather today. Now a question. What is this?

About 4" (10cm) long, it was ambling across a road in deepest countryside. I tried a reverse image search but didn't get any results, probably because of the background. It was moving at a fair rate of knots, I only managed the one decent shot. The area is fairly low lying with lots of drainage ditches and water channels. Possibly some kind of freshwater crayfish or lobster? The legs were quite orange.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
AJSUGGY View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/August/2021 at 12:51
I know only done it once never again
Citroen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citroen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/August/2021 at 20:26
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

I have been to the Dune du Pilat and almost did myself permanent damage climbing to the very top! Worth it and a very nice walk along the sand for miles and a bus back to Arcachon.

I've not been to Cap Ferret. I could go this weekend but not unless the weather improves!

Last night was very stormy, woken up I was by rain hammering against the shutters, which at least I remembered to lower this time.  Rained a lot and was very windy today while I was out biking. Those of you living on UK coasts would appreciate the weather today. Now a question. What is this?

https://posts.org/ - https://i.postimg.cc/bY75Dbnk/DSC00072.jpg

About 4" (10cm) long, it was ambling across a road in deepest countryside. I tried a reverse image search but didn't get any results, probably because of the background. It was moving at a fair rate of knots, I only managed the one decent shot. The area is fairly low lying with lots of drainage ditches and water channels. Possibly some kind of freshwater crayfish or lobster? The legs were quite orange.
I'd say it's a foreign johnny, definitely looks like a fish out of water.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/August/2021 at 11:51
A stormy night on Wednesday, a fairly rainy day yesterday and it was very windy during the evening and last night. But today, Friday, shock horror, there are some blue bits and the sun is coming out every now and then and actually feeling warm. Still rather windy though.

Locals are telling me we should have some summer from tomorrow.

The creature is some kind of freshwater crayfish. Supposed to be nocturnal, this one obviously had other ideas.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/August/2021 at 09:03
It didn't rain yesterday, first completely dry day for two weeks. Still rather cool, 22º, and often quite windy. Today has dawned cloudy and 18º.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/August/2021 at 08:57
Sunshine! Don't quite know what to do now. Still windy and not all that warm, expecting 23 or 24 today.
Albufeira Resident

Deegall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deegall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/August/2021 at 09:42
In Belfast we had 1 mth if rain over the weekend parts of N Belfast under 2 ft of water on Friday. We had almost 6 inches of rain in 40 hrs expected heat dry weather next weekend 15'16 looks like 7-10 days
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/August/2021 at 17:38
Yes. I saw the news. Our friends from Larne would say it's a fairly normal summer day!

Looks like Albufeira is going to be very hot over the next few days.

It did turn out nice and sunny here, although it turned windy an hour or so ago and dark clouds are welling up on the horizon. Looks like they will miss though.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/August/2021 at 09:16
Getting better here, just in time for my last few days! Yesterday had a day out to the very posh area of Margaux, north of Bordeaux. Too many chateaux de very expensive to count.
Temperature hit 31º apparently. Cloudy though this morning.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/August/2021 at 09:52
Back in Bordeaux for the weekend where 34º and 67% humidity is expected today and tomorrow.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/August/2021 at 08:31
Turned out very hot (33º) and sweaty yesterday. I think I overdid it a bit.

Very cloudy this morning and even more humid but not expected to be so hot.

If you want to see some of what I done on my holidays, go to https://cubsur51.wordpress.com/

I will be adding some pictures from Bordeaux tonight.

Heading back tomorrow.
Albufeira Resident

Deegall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deegall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/August/2021 at 10:43
Safe travel back home
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/August/2021 at 12:24
Albufeira expecting 40 degrees this afternoon ... you`ll need a cricket hat tomorrow, Tom.
Pyrman
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2021 at 08:16
Turned out quite reasonable yesterday, 25º and this morning it is cloudy and 18º as I write. leaving shortly, back home this afternoon.
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic