Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Nightlife / Vida Nocturna
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nightlife Restrictions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PJHudson87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nightlife Restrictions
    Posted: 16/June/2021 at 11:38
Good morning

Can anyone enlighten me on any restrictions bars/restaurants have in the area. I’m seeing conflicting reports that from Friday, it’s reverting back to the 10:30pm curfew.

I’m in Alvor and was going to travel to the area with my wife and daughter on Friday evening for a meal but if there is a curfew I’ll stay here where there is a 1am restriction.

Thanks for your help. I hope you have a lovely day

Phill
Sponsored Links

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2021 at 08:55
The rumour of going back to 1030pm closing is circulating widely, but nowhere can this be seen in in the media or in official sources.

But restrictions have previously been lifted and imposed at 24 hours notice.

BTW it is not a curfew. The law was that all restaurants and bars must be closed by 1030pm at the latest. You can still move around,  eg to go home afterwards.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2021 at 17:46
Go away Duchatalet
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/June/2021 at 09:09
The same also applies to Loulé (which includes Vilamoura) whose council has challenged the figures upon which this decision has been made.

If you want a late night out, head for Silves or Carvoeiro. No problems there.
Albufeira Resident

PJHudson87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PJHudson87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/June/2021 at 10:01
Thanks for the replies. Just going to stay in Alvor, it was really busy last night with a great atmosphere.

Thanks again
GlenOmes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenOmes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/January/2023 at 19:10
Hey Phill, I know it can be confusing trying to keep up with all the restrictions for bars and restaurants in the area. I'd recommend checking with the local authorities or the specific places you're planning to visit for the most accurate and up-to-date information. I can relate to your situation; here in South Korea, %3c%20= - td {border: 1px solid #cccccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;} https://gangnam1st.com/ - https://gangnam1st.com/ - https://gangnam1st.com/">http://www.gangnam1st.com/ - 강남야구장 , for example, have been implementing strict regulations to keep people safe during this time. But I hope you and your family will still have a great time wherever you decide to go.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/January/2023 at 08:17
Those questions were being asked 18 months ago when all forms of fun were banned. Life has been back to normal here for several months now.
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic