Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Algarve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Current state of play - Covid and post-Brexit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 17>
Author
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/July/2021 at 16:06
Can I remind all you folk that the Covid test is only true to the day you are tested (like an MOT here in the UK) you could catch it next day, but according to the test you have not got it. 
They are now saying in the UK that anyone who works for the NHS need not self isolate. Could anyone explain to me why coming from aboard you would have to isolate, So what's the difference. Most of the people who caught Covid in the first place was in Hospital.
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/July/2021 at 07:35
 "Most of the people who caught Covid in the first place was in Hospital." - guess or do you have credible evidence (genuine question)? 

By digital certificate do they mean that your vaccination card is not enough, but you need something on your mobile phone too?  
Go away Duchatalet
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/July/2021 at 08:53
The EU vaccination certificate can be printed. There are a few people who do not have smartphones or,  like me, have a distrust of them failing when needed. I do not know about any British one.

It is quite true about tests being only valid at the time they are taken,  as with any test for anything. The tests themselves are not 100% accurate (no-one could ever claim they can be) and of course you may catch it five minutes later. That aspect of what we must now undergo does seem rather pointless in many circumstances.

Being made to take a test for just the one thing before sitting down at a restaurant today presumably means that you can bring other contagions in with you.

For something that has survival rate of better than 99%, I do wonder whether this is now all becoming a matter of controlling the people rather than the contagion.

A friend showed me his digitial only ticket for the Euro 2020 Final when our crowd of oldies met on Zoom last night. He went through the convoluted processes of tests and cross examination required to get into the stadium, from which I do not doubt the great and good will be exempt.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/July/2021 at 09:31
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

The EU vaccination certificate can be printed. There are a few people who do not have smartphones or,  like me, have a distrust of them failing when needed. I do not know about any British one.

The NHS app gives details of your vaccinations (manufacturer, date, batch No, etc) and generates a QR code for scanning purposes. The pass can also be printed as a backup if required. This is probably a more robust method than the vaccination card although obviously a smartphone is necessary.
Colin
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/July/2021 at 09:43
go to the sns 24 web site and select certificate then enter you centro saude utente number, date of birth and phone number. Then you enter the code sent to your phone  and voila its there. save as a screen shot but quick and easy to access online via this web site. Best to do it on a computer if you want to download a copy
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/July/2021 at 09:52
RytonTyne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RytonTyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/July/2021 at 14:56
You can access the NHS website and request a confirmation letter proving you have had both vaccinations, you need to enter your NHS number and date of birth and they will forward it to you at the address you have registered with your GP. I should receive it within five days.
Richardk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/July/2021 at 18:12
As Pete said above the Portuguese SNS system is quick and easy to use so as soon as we dont have to isolate when we get to UK we will be off to see family
JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/July/2021 at 18:43
We took our certificates with us to a restaurant last night and they tried to scan the barcodes and were not recognised ! He tried a number of times and also showed the digital one we had on the phone , but the app he add just crashed and could not recognise either ! We were allowed in but I hope this does not become an issue
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/July/2021 at 08:24
Not thinking things through is often an issue here. Did anyone check that everyone who needs one has the apparatus to make the checks?

Does anyone come round and check that restaurateurs and customers are abiding by the law?
Albufeira Resident

animallover View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote animallover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/July/2021 at 09:10
Also, you have to be vaccinated for 14 days before certificate is valid although you can obtain certificate before then so does this flag up when being checked?
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/July/2021 at 07:44
You can download your certificate 'in a few days' I was told yesterday. The QR code contains all the information about when your injections were administered, so anyone willing and able to check it would know whether or not your 14 days had been and gone.

To record my positive experience yesterday, I went to the Albufeira vaccination centre for my second injection. Contrary to the information on the website it does not close at lunchtime. I arrived with no appointment at 1315hrs. I was directed to the queue for seconds. There was only one person in front of me. The other queues were moderately busy. I was booked in at 1321, shown to a waiting area. I was summoned and injected at 1353, left at 1423 after the 30 minute waiting period.

No adverse reactions.

I am cured.
Albufeira Resident

bebop View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/July/2021 at 21:02
I got my EU digital covid cert by email this morning 🙂. Hopefully this means that I can travel to Portugal freely without having to take any more tests, that is so long as rules stay as they are now.
cameroncleggout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameroncleggout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/July/2021 at 08:52
You still have to take tests. Too much money being made to stop them yet, possibly taking tests for the foreseeable future
cameronout
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/July/2021 at 09:05
Travellers between EU countries holding the certificate don´t have to take additional tests at borders, but different rules may apply for travel to or from the UK.

The latest laws here in Portugal require you to present a negative test when checking into an hotel or other type of tourist accommodation rental.

I am off to France on Monday where new laws are being drafted requiring the certificate to he presented when entering any restaurant, bar, supermarket or any place of 'social or cultural gathering', also trains can only be used by those holding the certificate.

Consider that much of the equipment used in the health régime orginates from China. Good business, wasn't it, sending us their diseases and then making us pay them for the cure.
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 17>
  Share Topic