FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Current state of play - Covid and post-Brexit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 17>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Luis View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/September/2021 at 13:18
Here is the information from the Portuguese Government but it's all in Portuguese

https://dre.pt/web/guest/home/-/dre/171501747/details/maximized?serie=II&parte_filter=31&dreId=171501745
Luis View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/September/2021 at 13:15
Oh i know it;'s all very confusin,so far the rules are that iuntil the 30th of September Portugal is accepting certificates from the following

Tenho um certificado de vacinação e/ou recuperação emitido fora da UE. É válido para viajar para Portugal?

Sim. Portugal aceita, até ao próximo dia 30 de setembro, certificados de vacinação e recuperação de 13 países e três regiões administrativas fora da UE, para efeitos de viagens não essenciais, com destino ao território nacional.
Da lista fazem parte:

• Arábia Saudita
  • Austrália
  • Bósnia-Herzegovina
  • Canadá
  • Coreia do Sul
  • Jordânia
  • Nova Zelândia
  • Qatar
  • República da Moldova
  • República Popular da China
  • Singapura
  • Ucrânia
  • Uruguai
  • Hong Kong
  • Macau
  • Taiwan

After that fingers crossed the UK will be included too makes sense to me and to everyone else,just daft politics!
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/September/2021 at 13:02
As usual, it is clear as mud ...
Pyrman
Luis View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/September/2021 at 12:46
Yes this is correct but no mention of the UK as yet,the list of Countries which the certificates are going to be accepted was published but the UK was not one of them,hopefully this will change soon...
Luis View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/September/2021 at 12:40
Cheaper antigen test to replace PCR day 2 test confirmed by Grant Shaaps to happen by the end of October,i can see it happening after half term so these "testing companies" will make a few extra quid...
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/September/2021 at 08:27
Apparently a cheaper lateral flow test is to replace the day 2 PCR test later next month. 

No date set yet. 
we're not brazil we're norn iron
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/September/2021 at 07:46
Not really unless UK decides to do away with the post arrival tests for those fully vaccinated, which cost me more than my flight last week.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/September/2021 at 22:22
I really hope this happens , it’ll make the travel costs much cheaper, 🙏🏻
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/September/2021 at 09:37
Pyrman
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/September/2021 at 08:33
From UK news websites from 4th October -

"Anyone who's fully vaccinated will no longer have to take a PCR test before travelling back to England from one of these countries.

That includes all of Europe and many other popular destinations.

They will still have to take a PCR test two days after arrival, but this will be replaced by a cheaper and simpler lateral flow test later in October."

NB the above does not apply to Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

I have yet not found any confirmed reference to Portugal (or anywhere else in the EU) accepting UK health certificates to travel purposes, but if or when they do, there would be no testing required before or after travel for those fully vaccinated. That is currently the situation for travel within the EU.

Albufeira Resident

Deegall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deegall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/September/2021 at 00:25
I took it as a pre test entry into Portugal but no exit tests . Also travel locator filled out to enter Portugal and your home address reentry to UK
RogerD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/September/2021 at 22:08
Originally posted by pyrman pyrman wrote:

Apparently, Portugal is to recognise UK Covid vaX certificates from Oct 1, when test will not be required to enter, as long as an approved vaccine has been taken,  posted on SIC saturday and relayed on various facebook sites ... 

Is there any link to this story?
Heading out again on May 24th and Oct 5th in 2014!!!
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/September/2021 at 21:27
Apparently, Portugal is to recognise UK Covid vaX certificates from Oct 1, when test will not be required to enter, as long as an approved vaccine has been taken,  posted on SIC saturday and relayed on various facebook sites ... 
Pyrman
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/September/2021 at 17:20
Not sure where to put this but here's a relatorio of my Faro to Gatwick journey today. One minor thing apart, all seemed to be the new normal for travel to the UK.

Flight was Easyjet due off at 1130.

Two things for those bound for the UK to note :

1) . At check in you will be asked for proof you have filled in and sent your UK passenger locator form. The file I was sent by email, saved to my 'cloud' and accessed via phone was enough.

2). For residents here, at the exit passport booth have your residencia papers to hand. Obviously the SEF database knows you live here and they wish you to show the evidence that you are official.

Journey details : arrived at checkin queue 0940. There were maybe 30 people in front of me. Two separate queues, the one for Speedy Boarding was as long as the one for cattle class. Which is was in.

Arrived check in desk 1031. So be ready for a long wait. It was often taking 2 or 3 minutes per family or couple, there were pushchairs and babies to be processed.

Arrived Security area 1035 through and out 1046. No issues there.

Arrive exit passport control 1048 no queue checked and out 1049

Just time to grab a couple of bottles of vinho tinto before arriving at the gate. I was almost the last, but boarding didn't start for another 10 minutes.

Now the weird bit.

We were all on, crew announced boarding complete. Then an announcement to say that there would be a second headcount as there was one more passenger on board (they said) than checked in. Cue inspection of all passes and ID. Plane was maybe 80% full. That took half an hour. Captain later said that a software upgrade issue has caused all their IPads to crash. So poor staff had to do it the hard way, actually counting.

Issued resolved, we took off at 1212, 42 minutes late. Made up some time (timetable is padded of course) arrived at Gatwick gate 3 million (north terminal) at 1443 (was due 1425).

Disembarked 1451, half mile walk through endless corridors to passport control arrived 1458. Hardly anyone there, no waiting to go through electronic gates a minute later and on way to baggage reclaim. Collected bag 1510, straight through Nothing To Declare gate and out. Took transit shuttle to railway station, arrived 1520. Hardly anyone around, time to get ticket and board the 1526 to Eastbourne which luckily was running three minutes late.

I hope this helps others who are planning to travel any time soon.
Albufeira Resident

pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/September/2021 at 12:32
Well done ... have a nice time ... coming next week.
Pyrman
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 17>
  Share Topic