Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Works in Old Town / Obras no Centro Antigo
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rua Alves Correia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rua Alves Correia
    Posted: 26/February/2021 at 08:50
Pictures courtesy of Bob D. Many of you will know this street. Being dug up ready for repaving and officially becoming a pedestrian only street. It has though been blocked off to cars for several years.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Sponsored Links

Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/February/2021 at 12:03
Does that mean more calçadas?  I find the white ones slippery after they have been worn down for a few years.  Came a cropper a couple of times on the slope outside Casa Da Font on the way back from Tunes.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/February/2021 at 15:17
Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

Does that mean more calçadas?  I find the white ones slippery after they have been worn down for a few years.  Came a cropper a couple of times on the slope outside Casa Da Font on the way back from Tunes.

Probably. I also don't like the calçada, a minefield when wet and especially after a few ales. I shall find out what's going on, maybe Sunday.
Albufeira Resident

bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/February/2021 at 23:35
A treacherous journey home from a popular ale house on a wet winters night me thinks. 
we're not brazil we're norn iron
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/February/2021 at 10:56
Guilty as charged.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/February/2021 at 14:00
Dont know if you have done any of the video walks for Balneario Camboriu, Santa Catarina, Brazil .. but their calcadas are much nicer, pretty patterns .. and flatter .. here`s one
Pyrman
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2021 at 14:06
A bit more than just repaving by the look of it. Some big holes being dug for water and drainage I think. Probably connected with the seriously large holes and pipes near the pier. People were working down there today. Road is completely blocked, taking advantage no doubt of the shutdown. Pictures taken during today's exercise period.

Albufeira Resident

AJSUGGY View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2021 at 15:15
on the Webb camera I can see they are also doing work between the Fisherman's and Peneco beach where the sewer out flow is. They seem to be putting concrete tubing in to take it further out to sea. Many years ago there was a cast iron pipe doing that, but you only knew it was there an low tide.  
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/March/2021 at 08:09
Yes there was a pipe under the beach, but it was destroyed in a storm. For a long time there has been just the opening of the tunnel with a grate to stop dead cats etc being washed onto the beach. I will have a closer look soon.

There was a similar installation at Inatel, but that too didn't last long.
Albufeira Resident

AJSUGGY View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/March/2021 at 09:23
Thanks Cubsur for the info, I often wondered what had happened to it, Whilst I am writing about the beach do you know how high they raised the sand level a few years ago when they dredged the sand from out in the bay? as I remember at high tide to get from Peneco to fisherman's you had to go via the small tunnel which is now closed off. 
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2021 at 15:44
The holes are very big now!

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2021 at 13:23
Holes bigger still and some big pipes now being laid. Pictures taken 1215ish Monday 8th.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2021 at 15:16
Some mighty big holes there earlier today!

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/March/2021 at 15:19
Some serious excavations and stuff being laid in today.

Albufeira Resident

bebop View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/March/2021 at 20:05
Cubsur, thanks for updates. I remember patiently queueing up along that street in taxi rank many an evening!!
That poor man has quite a minefield to get through with his messages in the last pic😉
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic