Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Nightlife / Vida Nocturna
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Work at Central Station

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Work at Central Station
    Posted: 28/January/2021 at 18:15
Old town centre locked and shuttered of course but plenty of work happening at Central Station in the square and in the building above. Optimistic?

Click for full size.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Sponsored Links

AJSUGGY View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/January/2021 at 19:22
I Noticed on the webcam that all of the seating area around the base of the Sol e Mar is all taped of to stop people from siting there I suppose is the rest of the town the same? Sitting on the beach must be still ok though. 
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/January/2021 at 20:10
No, they don't want you sitting on beaches. They want you to do only essential journeys and to take exercise but to not loiter! I had to pay my staff their state layoff money today and must admit I handed it over and got back in my car. I can keep in touch online and no need to hang around, even with masks and distance, with people.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/January/2021 at 08:59
It is now illegal to sit on a park bench etc. Around the square and elsewhere around town all the public benches and similar seats have been taped with hazard tape. Children's playgrounds etc are also off limits. Kids must be driving their parents to distraction by now!)

When I took that picture of Central Station a couple of the town drunks were sitting illegally on the concrete benches in the square while taking their drinks purchased from the nearby off-licence. I trust that they were arrested and thrown in jail for this heinous crime. There was also one chap sitting illegally on one of the chairs outside Sir Harry's.

It is now also illegal to sit on a beach but apparently it is Ok to walk along it.

The obvious next step is to make it illegal to be outside your own home at any time.

Nothing else has worked in ten months.
Albufeira Resident

bebop View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/January/2021 at 10:19
God forbid that you would get tired and have to stop for a little rest while out for a walk!!
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/January/2021 at 13:27
If you allow people to stop for a little rest, then other people stop and rest with them. That is the problem, people don't use common sense. 

More ridiculous is the boardwalk at Salgados being taped off (the tapes have been cut) when exercise is supposed to be allowed. Ditto the little park on the south east side of Paradiso. The rules as I read them actually say that walking in parks is allowed, just no loitering. Albufeira council don't seem to want to adhere to that.

Go away Duchatalet
AJSUGGY View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/January/2021 at 15:48
Does that mean you cannot go for a swim either as you would have to stop to dry yourself afterwards. I hope the Covid police don't look at the webcam as there was 2 chaps sheltering by the sunbed hut when I last looked. 
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/January/2021 at 16:12
Watched the Fisherman`s Festival from 3rd foor Central Station balcony, with daughter for Son`s 21st in 2011 .. and his fiancee ... they have two kids now  .. it closed right after !! Wish the new owners all the best .. hope they keep the name ..
Pyrman
AJSUGGY View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/January/2021 at 19:23
Just booked my Covid Jab for tomorrow and the 2nd one on the April 24th....
So hopefully we should be ok for September or earlier if I can persuade my wife.
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/January/2021 at 12:53
There is some kind of swimming/surfing party by the beach lift right now ...
Pyrman
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/January/2021 at 19:07
Hmm. Sounds like harking back to the 60's beach movies with Troy Donahue, Annette Funicello, Frankie Avalon et al.  What was the cry, "surfs up"?  All pretty ropy movies.  Forerunners of Bay Watch I suppose.

Probably hardly any of you remember that time
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2021 at 09:28
Almost complete by the look of it.

Albufeira Resident

Citroen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citroen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2021 at 09:44
Looks good, hope it works out for them long term, whoever they be.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/June/2021 at 08:47
Finished and now open. Pictures from Bob D. I will see if I can check the prices as it looks expensive!

Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic