Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Miscellaneous / Diverso
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NEW ALDI STORE AT BULLRING?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/August/2021 at 10:01
Still working yesterday, no opening date yet. There will be multiple entrances and exits :

Opposite the little market hall and the tower

Exit only a bit further along

At the top end of the Estrada Santa Eulalia into a basement car park

and on the dual carriageway eastbound side

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/September/2021 at 08:58
Not open as of yesterday.
Albufeira Resident

dpx3001 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpx3001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/September/2021 at 09:17
I will post when it opens, looking at the building so I have good view of the situation. A lot less workers since supposed scheduled opening last month so I am guessing they didn't pass all the tests to accept the building. It is stuffed with goods since at least month ago, it will require extra vigilance with expiration dates when they finally open. In this state, if I am right that they are stuck in some paperwork it can take lots of time before they open.

There are two green slopes that I am looking at, next to main entrance, they only planted one and two 'edge' trees respectively while there is place for a forest on each and all of them seem to be drying up.

At this tempo I would be surprised if it opens within next month, of course everything is possible.
dpx3001 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpx3001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2021 at 16:49
New banner on aldi.pt home page (first one) now says it opens in two days, so September 8th.
dpx3001 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpx3001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/September/2021 at 08:30
Red carpet and balloons this morning -- it is finally open! Only today it seems on purchase of over 50 euros free 2x beach towel and 1x parasol, off to get mine.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/September/2021 at 09:32
It looks big so do tell how it is inside.
Albufeira Resident

dpx3001 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dpx3001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/September/2021 at 11:47
Went with my wife, we were able to enter without delays, now there is 100-200 people line outside. 20 or more minutes to exit too, of course on the first day there may be more crowd than what will be on other days.

I was not thrilled inside but that may be due to not knowing aldi before and where what stands. It feels smaller than what I expected. Doesn't have bakery or meat section, however there is lots of pre-packed fresh meat and fish to choose from. Reminds me of lidl because there is huge number of clothes and small kitchen appliances taking a lot of space. Prices seem 5-10% higher than Pingo Doce for small things, someting that is 1.75 is Pingo is about 2.1-2.2 in aldi. Not for all items of course but seems like general trend.

Since today's action gives one towel for over 25 euros and 2 towels + parasol for over 50, when we get to pick them towels seemed at the end, unless they restock them all this people waiting outside won't be able to get their prize.

Mixed impressions, could be good place to shop, being 20 meters from my apartment beats everything else...
JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/September/2021 at 17:09
Thanks for the update , not sure then if I would go y9 that instead of the one in Parra as we use the bakery section a lot , but if that was walking distance I would still go
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic