Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Miscellaneous / Diverso
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old Town Square

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
A9NDY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old Town Square
    Posted: 01/August/2020 at 17:10
Originally posted by AJSUGGY AJSUGGY wrote:

Agree with all of you. 
I previously said come hell or high water I would get to Albufeira in September. 
But I have just cancelled it due to the uncertainty of it all. Thankfully the hotel were very understanding. Bonus When I rescheduled for next year on Brittany Ferries, For an extra £75.00 I managed to get a Commodore suit but only on the return journey. My only hope is that it all clears up and we can make a long weekend some time in November. But I doubt it.

PS Much as I like to read his daily reports, Where has Cusbar gone. To Brazil from Lisbon? obviously by his description not the UK. Because if he has is he going to isolate for two weeks?    
   Seen on TA that he’s gone to France
Sponsored Links

AJSUGGY View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/August/2020 at 16:05
Agree with all of you. 
I previously said come hell or high water I would get to Albufeira in September. 
But I have just cancelled it due to the uncertainty of it all. Thankfully the hotel were very understanding. Bonus When I rescheduled for next year on Brittany Ferries, For an extra £75.00 I managed to get a Commodore suit but only on the return journey. My only hope is that it all clears up and we can make a long weekend some time in November. But I doubt it.

PS Much as I like to read his daily reports, Where has Cusbar gone. To Brazil from Lisbon? obviously by his description not the UK. Because if he has is he going to isolate for two weeks?    
RytonTyne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RytonTyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/August/2020 at 00:07
I really wish you call the very best A9ndy, I do hope you get there in October, but if not at least you have a plan b, which is more than we have!😥😥
A9NDY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/July/2020 at 23:36
I think we will have more luck getting a holiday in the uk this year even with local lockdowns ect going to look at some caravans next weekend with the view to buy , just seems less stress.... booking flights , fluctuating exchange rates and wondering will your flight get cancelled and getting travel insurance 😑 .
So if our october trip doesn't go ahead it could be thank you and goodbye Albufeira its been a good 10 + years
RytonTyne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RytonTyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/July/2020 at 21:14
Yes Col we started to have some hope, but now a bit like you, not so sure.
A caravan could be the answer but the way local lockdowns are starting the drive may be the only place to park it! 😎😎
A9NDY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/July/2020 at 20:07
Had March and June cancelled hopefully October and November will be ok .... if not who knows seems a hassle booking and re- booking as much as we love albufeira might just buy a static caravan and have holidays on tap 🤷‍♂️ And do away with abroad holidays . As COVID seems to be not going away anytime soon
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/July/2020 at 18:46
Yes we had March and June cancelled. As for September as you say who knows. I have my doubts at the moment.
Colin
RytonTyne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RytonTyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/July/2020 at 11:53
Such a shame, we are due to fly out 25 Sept, we were cancelled in May, but who knows!
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/July/2020 at 09:52
Sad to report it was like a ghost town yesterday just before mid-day.
Funny thing is, come  two or three miles out of town and it’s much busier, the restaurants all have customers.

Andrew
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic