Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Photo sharing / Partilha de fotos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some old pictures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some old pictures
    Posted: 14/June/2020 at 08:59
Thanks to Bob D. I don't recall having seen these before. I think you will recognise the places. I reckon taken late 70's or early 80's.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Sponsored Links

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/June/2020 at 09:33
Crackers, thanks Bob and Tom. I will duly add to my collection. I reckon I have over a thousand now.
Bob they look like photos to me not postcards. Do you know who’s they are please? Might need copyright permission if I ever get this book put together!
Tom, the Square with the pool like that is definitely ‘81 or later, I have pics of Trish there at that time.
Cheers fellas.
Andrew
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/June/2020 at 10:50
Andrew

"Albufeira old town appreciation society" on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/24652317438/permalink/10159526873187439/
Colin
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/June/2020 at 17:51
I shall try to do a then and now of the first one. I did have a look today, but I suspect it was taken from one of the buildings that used to be along that road, or possibly from the corner of the old cemetery, which was closed today.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/June/2020 at 11:34
Below is the best I can do fora  'then and now' for theh first picture. The landscape has changed a lot since the original was taken. It wasn't taken from the cemetery, the wall is too high. I think it must have been from one of the buildings since demolished and where the Finisterre luxury tourist block is under construction.

I spotted the remains of one of the red and white posts. The new footpath etc is several metres back from the line of the cliff. The little bit of beach is still there, but a different shape now with a slipway for the boats that are stored there.

Click the picture to see larger size.

Albufeira Resident

Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/June/2020 at 10:37
Thanks for that.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Orada-man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orada-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2020 at 15:17
This short video was ~20 years ago shot at the discoveries roundabout, I uploaded it this morning as there is a bit of social distancing at play but more to do with the size of the cab on the wagon :D

I wonder would the GNR allow such behaviour these days.

Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2020 at 17:41
Seems to be about home improvement.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/September/2020 at 08:27
Is that link correct? Doesn't look like it.
Albufeira Resident

Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/September/2020 at 11:41
The link isn't working says can't be found.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
Orada-man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orada-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/September/2020 at 17:33
Sorry all, I work on many forums but I had trouble with a link on here before. The link should be working now and below is an alternative link to the same clip.

Both have been tested.

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/September/2020 at 09:39
That’s Albufeira for you 👍
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/September/2020 at 12:46
They still let travellers clop around in horse and cart with children hanging off the sides and back.
Albufeira Resident

Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/September/2020 at 17:04
More than once in Greece I saw Mum, Dad and 2 kids on a scooter.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2020 at 10:37
Bob has sent some more old pictures of town. Some are familiar, others are not. I shall work on some 'then and nows' over the next few days.

Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic