Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK "Air Bridge"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaaskop59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/July/2020 at 20:26
Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

You've duplicated the web address.
Try - http://postal.pt/video/2020-07-13-Centenas-de-turistas-provocam-desacatosnas-Ilhas-Baleares.-Video-mostra-turistas-a-pularem-sobre-viaturas - https://postal.pt/video/2020-07-13-Centenas-de-turistas-provocam-desacatosnas-Ilhas-Baleares.-Video-mostra-turistas-a-pularem-sobre-viaturas

Google Translate will translate the page.

Thanks for the help Jock, how I doubled it is a mystery or maybe old eyes Geek!
Super__Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super__Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/July/2020 at 10:59
At this time of year we would have already visited Albufeira twice out of our four annual trips. We should be planning our late September and December flights as I write. What do we do? We can come over and when we return we can quarantine for a fortnight. This is no problem as we are both retired. 
My question is, as there is No Air Bridge, are tourists from the UK and specifically Scotland welcomed in Albufeira just now? 

Ally
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/July/2020 at 11:08
Any tourists are welcome. The industry is suffering with tens of thousands out of work or on short time. It must be noted that there are numerous flights every day even though the UK has no agreement with Portugal and quarantine is needed on return. Any 'risk'is yours.

In contrast there are still no flights between the Scandinavian countries and Portugal.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/July/2020 at 11:43
Well, we made it! Got here yesterday afternoon. A few observations which some may find useful.
Birmingham airport was like a ghost town, 13 flights out all day, not the usual 100 and more they would expect this time of year. The resource has been cut back to match this and is adequately staffed. We allowed extra time, ie. arrived earlier than usual, in truth we could have left it later as it took far less time through security. Most of the shops are shut, some permanently some temporary, you can’t get a hot drink, a cold one is available from WHS, the one right in the terminal not the one on the right as you leave security, that’s closed temporarily.
Ryanair you couldn’t fault, only 24 on the flight in and 100, ie2/3rds full going out. Interesting that most going out we’re Portuguese not tourists. 
Ryanair emailed us, the day before we travelled, a link to a Portuguese form that you had to print off and complete and take with you. Fair enough, easy to do and we did. At Portugal passport control they never asked for it, most hadn’t got it but that wasn’t a problem. We handed ours in with passport and they put it to one side, never looked at it. Those that hadn’t got just went through without a request for the form or enquiry of any of the questions on the form. Insert “shrug shoulders” emoji!
I’m not recommending you ignore, I just wouldn’t panic if for some reason you haven’t got it.
Landing to car hire pick up in P4 was less than twenty minutes, not bad, and the airport was just like Birmingham, something of a ghost town.
They also emailed us a link to a UK form for QT purposes on your return but you can only complete that up to 48 hours prior to your arrival back in UK when again, unless there’s an Airbridge agreement by then, you should hand your form in.
Well, if any of that is of interest or use I’m glad I took the time.
All that said, when you get here, enjoy.
Andrew
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/July/2020 at 11:50
Lucky man to be there.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Cooknoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cooknoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/July/2020 at 12:21
Thanks for the info Andrew. We are due to fly out tomorrow morning from Manchester. Fingers crossed it will also run smoothly for us. Got our forms from easyJet, and filled in already. We plan on taking a small suitcase on board with us. Were there any issues with luggage on Ryanair? Also what about face coverings on the plane and at the airport. Presume you can remove them to eat or drink something -TIA.
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/July/2020 at 12:47
Thanks for the update Andrew.
Colin
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/July/2020 at 15:06
Cooknoe......

Masks to worn in Airport, both departure and arrival plus at all times on the plane. 

Of course your mask can be removed to eat and drink. 

EasyJet are not serving hot food or drinks, however, all other snacks and cold drinks are available. 

EasyJet will advise you to leave completed forms on front or rear seats when you exit and they will hand them to the authorities. I believe these particular forms are to locate you if there are any problems arising from anyone on your flight. 
we're not brazil we're norn iron
Cooknoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cooknoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/July/2020 at 15:46
Thanks Bob,
Looking forward to getting back over to Portugal. We returned home on 29th February and have had our last two trips cancelled 🇵🇹
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/July/2020 at 16:15
Yes Cooknoe. Masks on just as you enter airport and not to come off until you are landside and cleared the terminal this end. If you're picking a hire car up, masks back on whilst you sort that.
Yes mask can be pulled down if you are eating or drinking but to go straight back once you've finished.
The Portuguese are far more fastidious that us, the masks are self policing, if you haven't got or its round your neck then rest assured someone will tell you in quite disparaging tones. Same with hand sanitizers, they are everywhere, far more that in UK.
Andrew
Cooknoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cooknoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/July/2020 at 16:27
Thanks Andrew,
We normally use the lift at Faro to get to Arrivals. Do you know whether it is working as normal. It’s usually a long walk from the gate, and by the time I get to the steps my knees are giving up. I have vertigo, and cannot use the escalator either.
Cheers,
Pauline.
Paulo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/July/2020 at 16:37
Over 20,000 signed petition "Give Portugal Air Bridge" 
JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/July/2020 at 17:22
We have been here a week , I will quarantine on return too 😔 but I’ve found everyone very friendly and welcoming as normal ! Masks indoors so have chosen to eat outside and once seated remove , replace to use a toilet and leave , no one has remarked on a mask to us so far 🤔
Support the people here and if you can come and are happy to quarantine , I would again, we have felt very safe .
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/July/2020 at 20:15
We’ve seen a couple of people, us once, slap wrist, reminded, “Mask?”
Totally agree with your post, everyone is even more friendly than usual.

Cooknoe, yes the lift was working.
Andrew
Cooknoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cooknoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/July/2020 at 16:56
Arrived at Faro just after 9am.
Manchester Airport was like a Ghost town. We flew from terminal one, and there were only half a dozen shops open. Like at Birmingham, there was nowhere to get a hot drink, and luckily for us, we had picked up a meal deal from WH Smith’s before passing through the Duty Free Store. Boots was also open , but there was a queue to get in, and our gate was due to open. After passing through Duty Free there were only a couple of places open, but the Boots and WH Smith’s there were both closed.
Onto the flight. It can only be described as ‘dreadful’ wearing a mask for a total of six hours was not pleasant, but was doable. The problem lay with two young men who were the type that give us all a bad name in our European neighbour countries. Apparently, they had been refused boarding a Ryanair Flight in Birmingham last night, because the gates had closed when they got there. They decided to book on the easyJet flight from Manchester, and so at 5am after what I imagine was a full nights drinking and goodness knows what else, they boarded with us, and were sitting in the seats directly behind. Both we’re swearing, although one of the guys toned it down when told. By this stage they had already purchased 4 bottles of Prosecco, and six cans of Heineken. (Yes, Bar Service and snacks were available, but no hot drinks or sandwiches or meals!) There were a hundred of us on board the aircraft including families with young children. The flight crew did threaten to divert to Spain and alert the Police, however they decided not to, and said offender fell asleep for just under an hour. Unfortunately he woke just before landing and refused to wear his mask, or seatbelt as we came in to land, and he stood up and started hurling abuse at staff and passengers. Again there were threats to abort the landing, but this didn’t happen (I suppose fortunately in some respect, as this would have prolonged the journey). What surprised me more than anything, was that the GNR were not called in to arrest the offender, and he was allowed to disembark with the rest of us, and continue his altercation with his friend at the airport. As I write this, no doubt they will have drunk plenty more, baked in the sun, and will be causing mayhem somewhere in Albufeira for the next five days.
No wonder we Brits have such a bad reputation abroad, whilst most like us, just want to get on with our holiday, play by the rules, and support the businesses in the Algarve.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>
  Share Topic