Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK "Air Bridge"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>
Author
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/July/2020 at 12:09
Sadly it does appear that the current daily cases in Lisbon are the reason , also over the last month the rates are not altering, Uk had dropped 48% over the month and Portugal has only reduced 2% , the data is on the world meters site , the gov will review daily , so if the figures start to decrease they will drop the quarantine . The drops need to be sustainable to see a policy change .
I still believe it’s safer there and would be very happy to travel
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/July/2020 at 12:36
This takes me back to the good old days of pub discussions when no one really knew much about the topic in hand.  It gave scope for statements like "it's a well known fact that..." and "a bloke told me he had heard from another bloke...". 
Carry on. Hugely ammusing.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/July/2020 at 12:38
Well I just heard from a friend who lives there that St Eulalia beach was packed, loads of cars on the car park and no social distancing. Apparently she said many are from Lisbon, mmm I thought Lisbon was on lockdown?
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
Luis View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/July/2020 at 13:15
The areas that are in lockdwon consist of a few quarters around Lisbon,areas where poverty is rife and just the ideal places for the illness to spread hence the high numbers on those poor areas... Hoefully the numbers will come down soon. On another hand UEFA has awarded Portugal with the organasation of the remaining Champions league fixtures that will be taking place at the Estadio da Luz and Estadio Jose de Alvalade in Lisbon,it must be because they class it as such a dangerous place to be!!
cameroncleggout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameroncleggout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/July/2020 at 16:06
Meanwhile the Buffoon`s father sneaks into Greece via Bulgaria, and when challenged about it Buffoon simply replied " What my father does is nothing to do with me"  . So there you have it folks, Do as we say and not as we do.

cameronout
mrandyd View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrandyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/July/2020 at 16:20
My dad does exactly what I tell him to do as well😀
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/July/2020 at 09:41
"Uk had dropped 48% over the month and Portugal has only reduced 2%"

UK dropped from a very large number, Portugal from a much smaller number. Anyway,  it's academic now. It will be interesting to know how many will be on the nine flights due in from the UK today. A total of 36 flights (excluding those from Lisbon) are due in today.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/July/2020 at 13:35
Luis .... it wouldnt be too hard to get `August` right in the middle of June ... but, it can still go wrong. Interesting conundrum ... if the Portuguese `air bridge` is still red in early august .. under Boris rules it means Man City and Chelsea have to quarantine for two weeks ... while the EPL is expected to start Sep 12  ...

Pyrman
Luis View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Luis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/July/2020 at 16:22
Yes that is true... But then again Farage was in the US and then went to the pub yesterday breaking the rules... Nothing will happen of course...
The last proposal from Augusto Santos Silva was to quarantine just the flights leaving Lisbon...
Ah well we shall see what will happen. Spain had a big outbreak in Catalunia and because of that they were downgraded to Amber by the Belgium Government. Will the same apply from London? I doubt it too many interests behind it... Just a shame that Stanley don't have a house in The Algarve in that case the problem would be sorted by now...
kevjrobbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevjrobbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/July/2020 at 07:48
Looks like the government has sorted the Lisbon issue. If it’s a major sporting event or filming then exempt from quarantine on the return to uk. That’s good of them.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/July/2020 at 08:57
I believe 'biosecure venue' is the term for major sporting events such as the Champions league or indeed the Test Matches starting this week vs West Indies.

Players, officials and media persons will travel separately and be completely isolated from the unwashed (are they not anyway?) so as to ensure the infection does not travel.

Spectators will of course not be permitted. (I suspect not permited at any sporting event for very many weeks, if not months, anywhere.)

I read this morning that a case of bubonic plague has surfaced in China. Those who know your history will be aware of the consequences of that when it spreads.
Albufeira Resident

kevjrobbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevjrobbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/July/2020 at 09:06
Apparently 15 people have caught the plague in the USA this year and they get 7 on average every year.
Luis View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/July/2020 at 10:46
Hi Cubsur,Fnas are already allowed in very small numbers in Denmark and from Septmeber they will be allowed in Holland too providing they keep the 1.5 meters distance in the grounds and they won't be any chanting allowed a barrel of laughs...
On the other hand let's see if any reaction to the outbreaks and lockdowns that are taking place in Spain,i pretty much doubt it too many interests involved...
On a letter that was passed on to Sky News Swissport together with a healthcare company offered to test passengers at the airport it will cost but i think that is an avenue that should be persued!
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/July/2020 at 09:54
In UK such tests were said to cost £140, so for a family of four coming on holiday that's a considerable extra expense.

If one reads below the headlines, it seems that scientists are suggesting that the current restrictions on 'normal' life could be in place for a year, even 18 months. Then add the usual winter influenza outbreaks into the mix. This may mean that, for example, wearing masks could and 'social distancing' could become permanent.

As for fans at sports events, a ban on chanting is on par with the logic that said people in UK could attend church but not sing hymns. If you cannot feel safe in the house of your god(s) then there is truly no hope.
Albufeira Resident

Luis View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/July/2020 at 10:10
To be honest i cannot see the social distancing last too much longer will give it to end of the year and even that is being too generous more and more people are getting restless and fed up something will have to give.
Yes the tests are a bit pricey... Grant Shapps confirmed that the next review will take place by the end of July
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>
  Share Topic