Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK "Air Bridge"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/June/2020 at 22:10
 From what I understand  also, if Portugal goes into the amber zone and quarantine is not needed you still have to fill a locator form in when arriving in the UK and hand it into  customs/ border  airport officers. These locator forms are apparently available from the airline you are flying with.
I read it somewhere today but now can't find the link to it.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/June/2020 at 23:08
Yes, you download the form which contains, flight info, destination you are returning from, your address and telephone number and next of kin .
This is now for track and trace purposes, rather than quarantine
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/June/2020 at 09:17
Announcement delayed until 'the end of the week'.

How will the authorities know people have not given false information on their form? Suppose a tourist to UK does not have a mobile phone? (In some countries there as as many as 15% of the adult population of do not.)

For most UK residents they will already have your address from the passports database and API data you must provide  when checking in for your flight.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/June/2020 at 13:45
and this is not going to help getting Portugal into the amber zone!
There are some idiots about.
Andrew
Luis View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/June/2020 at 20:41
https://www.portugalresident.com/give-portugal-an-air-bridge-petition-aims-to-push-british-government-to-see-sense/

bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/June/2020 at 22:56
A couple returning to the UK this week from Faro got a phone call from the government department the day after their return to make sure they understand the quarantine rules. 
we're not brazil we're norn iron
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/July/2020 at 18:47
According to The Telegraph, tomorrow is the day we will learn which countries are to get an Air Bridge. But I can’t find confirmation of that anywhere else, everywhere else is saying it will be some time next week. 😕
Andrew
Luis View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Luis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/July/2020 at 20:33
It's all a big mess really...
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/July/2020 at 21:35
Makes me wonder whether folks will fly into Seville and then hire a car/catch national coach transport to get into Portugal so to avoid the 14 day quarantine when arriving back in the UK. Long winded procedure I know but some  folks I'm sure would do it. 
Lets hope the UK Government change the light to Amber this week.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
sunseeker2010 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunseeker2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/July/2020 at 09:17
Reports this morning that the UK government will make a dramatic u-turn and Portugal (along with many others) will be included in the safe to travel list.

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/July/2020 at 09:29
Fingers remain crossed as I am due to fly to UK for a short visit on 20th July. There is no option for me to go via Seville! I suspect argument and disagreement in high places about this. Some no doubt believe that it's a sledgehammer to crack a nut, others are terrified of getting the blame for introducing a new plague into UK should someone bring it back from abroad.

Various news media report this morning that the new 'rules' may come into effect on Monday next, which infers a statement being made today or tomorrow.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/July/2020 at 09:32
Yes, Mirror on line (but it won’t let me post a link) say Government are to announce U turn and will release a list of 75 countries that you can travel to and from without quarantine or other hindrance from Monday coming. The list will include Portugal.
If this is true what a waste of time and money from Government with all the rhetoric Over the past few days and weeks that counts for nothing.
Andrew
JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/July/2020 at 09:43
We are also due there soon and looked at alternatives to travel home if necessary, one was via Paris and very cheap ! But if this is correct I’m over the moon , we all need to support the industry’s worst affected and find a way to safely travel
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/July/2020 at 09:45
Here you go, BBC News doesn’t specifically put it as a done deal, as the Mirror does, but it more than doffs it’s cap to it.
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/July/2020 at 13:29
And now we have to sit and wait for the list but if that list is 75 countries long I think we are safe assuming Portugal will be one of them 🤞
Andrew
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
  Share Topic