Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Domestic felicity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Domestic felicity
    Posted: 22/March/2020 at 12:26
Being in the at risk group for various reasons we are now entering our second week of  hunkering down at home.  ASDA is delivering what we need to the door.

The registrar in Dazhou, China has reported a large increase in divorce appointments.  He says "Young people are spending a lot of time at home. They tend to get into heated arguments because of something petty and rush into getting a divorce." We're certainly disagreeing more about which moronic Satuday evening TV programme we should watch.

Oh well. Only another 11 weeks minimum to go. How will we surve it?
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Sponsored Links

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/March/2020 at 13:15
Jock - edited your link to make it clickable.

I was wondering earlier how much this enforced quality time between parents and their children, or indeed each other, will start to cause problems.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/March/2020 at 15:28
Thanks Tom. I couldn't figure out how to sort it.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/March/2020 at 16:04
Friend of a friend of mine is a policeman. They have had a noticeable increase in calls to domestic violence incidents lately. 😕
Colin
Analogue.man.in.a.di View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Analogue.man.in.a.di Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/March/2020 at 08:48
Ouch  Yes, I'd imagine it'll be the same in most places. Imagine being confined on the 18th floor of a 2 bed flat in a windy tower block in London.  
Those who come out of this pandemic, will have much changed attitudes, I believe.

pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/March/2020 at 09:40
Possibly to include which morons we send to Pennsylvania avenue, Downing street and Bute house ... ?
Pyrman
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/March/2020 at 12:44
Shall there be a spike in the birth rate in 9 months time?
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/March/2020 at 15:11
Well, now I’m home and there’s no footy on the tele I thought I’d talk to the wife for a bit.
Just learned, she got made redundant from Woolworths!
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/March/2020 at 09:39
Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

Shall there be a spike in the birth rate in 9 months time?

Can you do it from 2 metres range?

One benefit - my local shop is offering 1 litre bottles of Cristal three for the price of two. So as I cannot go out for  drink, seems a good idea to have one while watching TV tonight.
Albufeira Resident

bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/March/2020 at 18:14
’can you do it from a 2 metres range’
Hahahahahahahahahahah 
With these feet????
we're not brazil we're norn iron
Lobo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/March/2020 at 18:17
The age group which is usually responsible for what happens in nine months from now couldn't care less about the current 2-Meter rules as I learned again today at the laundromat over here. Hence, the reproduction performance stats shouldn't be affected
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/March/2020 at 18:20
Wink  In the laundromat!!

Society is definitely collapsing.
Albufeira Resident

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2020 at 14:04
Can you do it from 2 metres range?”

Give me a stool and I’ve got a chance! 😂😂😉😂😂
Andrew
Analogue.man.in.a.di View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Analogue.man.in.a.di Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/March/2020 at 17:10
Maybe the laundromats give us a clue then Ying Yang
It seems that everyone is so concentrated on Covid-19 they don't see the now unavoidable long-term consequences of this pandemic. There's not a facet of "western society" that's not been hit, or is not being permanently changed in front of us, real-time; - people, with their inept govt/s, businesses over their lost profits, public services in near meltdown.... With Trust, the biggest casualty.
Whenever this virus abates the ultimate price, in my view, is a complete radical change, bottom-to-top. It's not just the so-called developing countries that have upheavals, I think Europe may top the league of upheavals to come. 
The outstanding item is just in which location/s, when, and how long for.....
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/March/2020 at 18:54
I'll be content to survive.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic