Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Virus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 51525354>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/April/2021 at 19:17
Interesting piece in local press suggesting most over 60's will be jabbed by end of June and that 94% (ish) deaths have been in that age group
Citroen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citroen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/April/2021 at 19:37
Originally posted by peteknopp peteknopp wrote:

Interesting piece in local press suggesting most over 60's will be jabbed by end of June and that 94% (ish) deaths have been in that age group
That's good to know but it still seems quite a slow roll out. Most European countries with the same vaccine supply will be aiming to be a fair bit ahead of that I think, first jabs in over 60's by mid/end May and over 40's by end June or thereabouts.

What's the problem do you know?
Develd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Develd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/April/2021 at 20:15
In Portugal over 60s without a medical issue are further down the rollout list compared to most European countries, see below.

In the first phase, 400,000 people over 50 years of age with heart failure, coronary heart disease, kidney failure or respiratory disease are vaccinated. Also, part of this initial phase are 250,000 professionals and residents of nursing homes and long-term care units, as well as 300,000 health professionals, the armed forces, security forces and critical services.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2021 at 10:14
Problems here seems to be lack of pairs of hands, lack of suitable mass vaccination centres (those here opened only last week)  plus the lack of certainty over which of the various vaccine options was 'safe'. According to local press, 166,000 teachers have just been done as the schools fully reopened last week.

It was announced yesterday that the head of the vaccination programme  "...has confirmed  the long-promised online portal for people to access in order to sign themselves up for vaccinations will be up and running within two weeks."
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Citroen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citroen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2021 at 10:26
That sounds promising at least.

Despite a slow start often when these centrally organised things eventually get going they can actually move at considerable pace.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2021 at 09:25
Yesterday I used the new on line registration system to book a vaccination appointment for 5th May. I don't really want one but, in order to be able to travel out of Portugal later this year, it would appear to be required.

There is to be a vaccination centre in Albufeira from 3rd May, although the information I have seen so far does not state where in town it will be.
Albufeira Resident

Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2021 at 09:36
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

Yesterday I used the new on line registration system to book a vaccination appointment for 5th May. I don't really want one but, in order to be able to travel out of Portugal later this year, it would appear to be required.

There is to be a vaccination centre in Albufeira from 3rd May, although the information I have seen so far does not state where in town it will be.

You need to be reading my post of April 16th then mate. I told everyone - Espacao, next to Lidl. Thumbs Up  
Go away Duchatalet
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2021 at 12:30
Interesting address, Rua Baden Powell.  Had he or the Scouts any connection with Albufeira?
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2021 at 14:18
Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

Interesting address, Rua Baden Powell.  Had he or the Scouts any connection with Albufeira?

Scouting is worldwide D. Very popular here in Albufeira, I guess that's why they named a road for him? 
Go away Duchatalet
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/April/2021 at 08:53
Two text messages yesterday confirmed my appointment for 0924am on Wednesday May 5th, the second confirmed I report to the Espaço Multiusos by LIDL.

I will receive a reminder, it says, the day before.
Albufeira Resident

Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2021 at 11:56
Looks like the vaccination programme is in full swing, queue about 100m long outside the Espaco this morning. 
Go away Duchatalet
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/April/2021 at 07:34
Restrictions lifting has been brought forward to tomorrow, though not 100% back to normal. 

https://www.safecommunitiesportugal.com/prime-minister-addresses-the-national-following-council-of-ministers-meeting/
Go away Duchatalet
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/April/2021 at 08:40
So it could be down the pub this weekend? I await the confirmation. But unlucky for those in Portimão and Alvor.

I read that from now on the situation will be reviewed every week, rather than every fortnight. That might not do much for confidence.

Also, the border with Spain will re-open for 'tourist' visits.
Albufeira Resident

pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/April/2021 at 09:51
Street names ... plucked from almost anywhere .. apart from Baden Powell, virtually everything in Alto Calicos is after scientists, medics, etc .. pretty sure Marie Curie and Albert Einstein were never here either.  I was studying names when I watched an edition of `Quem quer ser o millionario` and realised I knew some of the alternatives ... names of poets and writers around Areias Sao Joao, perhaps best known locally is Camilo Castelo Branco (runs up the hill parallel to Rua Dunfermline) who wrote an incredible amount of stuff .. statue by the library, on the way to stadium, in VRSA. The strip .. Sa Carneiro .. was a short-term PM just after liberation. There`s the usual famous, like Prince Henry, Trees, Flowers, Birds ... there is a Thrush street just behind Belavista .. Tordo .. running up around the old putting garden ... another is Sparrow street .. Pardais .. and the blue/green bus route is Seagull street .. Gaivote.
Pyrman
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/May/2021 at 13:58
Had my first vaccination this morning. Here's the timeline. I was told to report for 0924.

Arrived at 0908. About 15 people ahead of me in the queue.
0930 - entered building, temperature taken, paperwork dealt with
0939 - sat down to wait
0945 - summoned
0950 - done and told to wait half an hour in case I dropped dead
1020 - released from captivity
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 51525354>
  Share Topic