Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Virus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 54>
Author
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/June/2020 at 13:35
😲 Tough steaks, Jock, you cant be serious 😫😫😫
Cass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/June/2020 at 13:39
Thanks for info Tom, probably make a decision next week.
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/June/2020 at 19:51
Originally posted by bob d bob d wrote:

Bullring apparently is the latest to go into administration. 

No big loss there.

Just read on facebook page  "Anything And Everything Algarve" that the bullring has been sold, never to be a bullring ever again. Apparently the Car Park is going have a supermarket built on it. The Arena maybe still used for music events etc.
How true it is is another thing as I can't find anything in the media/news about it.
 Does anyone have any info regarding this  ????
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/June/2020 at 08:19
"How true it is is another thing as I can't find anything in the media/news about it."

Neither have I as yet. I shall be over that way this afternoon. I remember I will look to see if there are any signs. Nothing on their own  website.

Hardly surprising since they depended almost entirely on tourists.

With spectators no longer permitted at sporting events, I fear the same may happen to local football clubs unless the law is changed. Other planned events will suffer likewise.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/June/2020 at 18:11
Hope you can find something out Tom if you managed to get down there today.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/June/2020 at 08:52
Passed by the bullring. All locked up. There were no signs about being closed temporarily or permanently, but as we know that is fairly normal around here.

The La Bodega bar there was open, but with no customers.
Albufeira Resident

sunseeker2010 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunseeker2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/June/2020 at 13:15
BBC are reporting that Portugal will miss out on being part of the first batch of travel corridors due to increased infection rates in Lisbon. Very sad times for Albufeira and the rest of the Algarve.
JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/June/2020 at 17:10
There are differing reports coming out at the moment, I can’t see how they can separate Spain and Portugal if the border is open ! You could cross over and fly in and out of Spain to go there ! Seems daft
I hope we can come without quarantine, as I really need to check on my house !
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/June/2020 at 18:05
Seems like the council of ministers has decided to put 19 calamitous parishes in Lisbon  back into lockdown. Various parts of Sintra, Loures, Odivelas, Amadora and Lisbon- totalling many hundreds of thousands of people who can now only leave home for the essentials: to work, buy food and/or medication. (Taken from the Portugal Resident.) Police will be drafted in to guarantee everyone sticks to the rules.
JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/June/2020 at 18:37
That is very sad , parties and large gatherings are going to spread the virus , it’s not only Portugal that has this problem now, very sad 😔
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/June/2020 at 19:55
You can currently arrive in Portugal from UK without quarantine but cannot go back.

Some countries are applying 'reciprocity' rules. If we can't come to you without quarantine, you cannot come to us. That is the obvious next step. Childish, but that's how they think.

Albufeira Resident

Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/June/2020 at 22:12
Tom I should imagine you will be correct, childish games, "I will if you will or I wont if you wont". I think everything would have been fine prior to the Lagos revellers, causing a rise in infections. Selfish people. 
Same as Bournemouth beach and other beaches around the UK  today/yesterday, rammed to capacity but health secretary Matt Hancock has warned beaches could be closed    ( note only could be closed )  if rules arn't adhered too. mmmm a little bit too late. 

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/June/2020 at 08:54
How do you close a beach like Bournemouth which has a promenade about 3 miles long?

Virus or no virus, the media would have field day, UK or Portugal, with pictures of police squads rounding up people and marching them off a beach and perhaps to jail.

Referring to the new measures around Lisbon, similar action was taken some weeks ago for several days at the town of Ovar, near Porto. Residents were confined to their homes, trains and buses stopped from going there.
Albufeira Resident

JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/June/2020 at 10:53
Portugal has proven to be excellent with the handling of the virus , there will be occasional spikes but with all the new safety measures I’m hopeful it will not be as bad again

Whilst the British are unable to travel without quarantine then they are going to go to all the local beaches , this will happen repeatedly unless some control measures are put in place ! o r air bridges 👍
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/June/2020 at 13:08
Julie,
As my post under “virus” it isn’t looking good for an air bridge...
Andrew
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 54>
  Share Topic