Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Virus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354>
Author
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/April/2021 at 16:08
i see the Portugal News is starting 20% of unemployment in the Algarve is in the Albufeira district which is a sad side effect from this dreadful pandemic !
Hope the vaccine role out speeds up and allow the recovery
burgesssally787 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burgesssally787 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/April/2021 at 17:22
Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

"Portugal is planning to admit British tourists from May 17 whether or not they have been vaccinated."
https://www.worktime.com/
Can this be true?  If so it's madness.

We had planned to visit our friends in early June, but it is unclear how things will unfold now.
We were expected to receive our vaccine last week after a long wait, but we were informed that we would have to wait at least two weeks longer due to a rise in the number of http://https://www.worktime.com/employee-monitoring - employee monitoring around the world, and there are already some disruptions in the supply of new batches of vaccines.
So all we can do is sit and wait because it is unlikely that we we'll be able to to plan anything.

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/April/2021 at 09:10
The vaccination programme is a palliative. The truth remains that over the past year only about 8% of the population of Portugal have tested positive tor the virus, with a majority of those showing no symptoms at all. Of those infected, 98% recover.

The good news is that there are it seems no other potentially life threatening contagions out there. Or at least that one are now being mentioned.

And the bad news is that even if tourists can come here, it's not going to be a very good summer if there is nothing open and nothing to do because places have gone bust.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/April/2021 at 11:32
Interesting.  Over here it seems the combination of vaccination, lockdown, bog-standard personal hygiene & distancing are bringing down infections & consequent deaths.  I fear what will happen when the bars are open again.  When people have a few drinks they get closer and breathe over each other.  Pure poison.  I like to hedge my bets so I'll have the second dose when offered.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
AJSUGGY View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/April/2021 at 15:24
yes could not agree more, just had my first beer since December at the golf club. all members sitting down together intermingling on the outside terrace, which is better than inside. 
Teresa View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teresa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/April/2021 at 19:27
I hope things remain stable and safe in UK.  I've watched the Uk experience as a proxy for other countries, once lockdowns are seriously enforced (or as best they can be) while vaccinations proceed.  I hope cases stay down in the Uk, once reopenings begin and that this outcome is what can be expected in all other countries!  

We're in another lockdown here in Ontario and our hospitals seem to be in a dire situation.  Very hopeful this lockdown, while vaccinations proceed, will get us through this last challenge!
AJSUGGY View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/April/2021 at 08:54
Just to qualify my previous comment. All on the terrace were over 60, (seniors competition day) so all had had first jab and some the 2nd, also in this area the infection rate is 13 per 100000, so hopefully we should be ok.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/April/2021 at 09:06
 Everything should gave stayed completely closed, including schools, offices and shops etc and all travel prohibited until the last case was cleared, but the social and economic consequences of so doing would be far worse than opening up.

Down here, the first mass vaccination centres are now ready to open. But not in Albufeira. I have still to hear when it will be my turn.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/April/2021 at 09:32
I have read that in France a curfew is in force from 1900hrs until 0600hrs daily. Any trip of more than 10km outside the curfew hours must be justified with a 'pass'.

Brings to me visions of times past.
Albufeira Resident

Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/April/2021 at 07:04
So - no further lifting of restrictions in Albufeira. One of seven municipalities remaining on the current level. Portimao is going back to full lockdown. Every time we go to Lidl we see people breeze past the hand sanitiser, almost certainly the same folk bleating loudest about lockdowns. The Camera are going to inaugurate mass testing, and the Espaco next to Lidl (ironically) has now a poster up saying it is going to be an immunisation centre. 

This works well in Google translate:

Go away Duchatalet
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/April/2021 at 10:37
France is fascinating. Won't use vaccinations it already has but makes certain no other country can get them. 
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Develd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Develd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/April/2021 at 12:52
"France is fascinating. Won't use vaccinations it already has but makes certain no other country can get them"

I don't know where you get this from, but suggest you read a better quality paper, it's complete nonsense.

https://www.france24.com/en/france/20210412-french-residents-55-and-over-eligible-for-covid-19-vaccines
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/April/2021 at 15:25
Honestly ?   In 2021  ?    I would suggest you dont read ANY papers ...  
Pyrman
Teresa View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teresa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/April/2021 at 15:40
What sites do you favour for news?

Develd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Develd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/April/2021 at 18:45
For general free news in English in Europe, Reuters and Euronews are ok, but all of the free sites are very poor compared to a few years ago.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354>
  Share Topic