Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Virus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 54>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/September/2020 at 09:10
"Omg ! That’s absolutely ridiculous, why are companies still running huge groups to party..."

To make money. In previous summers mass visits like that made huge profits for the organisers while parts of the town were being trashed. Nothing new there. The profiteers have no conscience at all, never have had.

It's not illegal to organise these events, perhaps it should be. And I don't doubt for a moment that they were going around in groups that under current Portuguese law are illegal, so serves them right.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/September/2020 at 10:40
But evryone no young pepl cant catch it, as young Molesworth might say.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Kaaskop59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaaskop59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/September/2020 at 12:49
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

Originally posted by JuliejH JuliejH wrote:

27 in the Algarve today , that does seem to be increasing sadly, does anyone know where the cases are ?

There is a map at http://covid19.min-saude.pt/ponto-de-situacao-atual-em-ugal/ - https://covid19.min-saude.pt/ponto-de-situacao-atual-em-portugal/ showing where cases have been logged. As of yesterday Albufeira district had registered 204 in the six months. That's about the average, i.e 0.49% of the population.

Therefore 99.51% of the town's population has not been affected. That is the number people should be taking notice of. This is not plague or the Black Death.

Well, you could say we are blessed in Albufeira but I think you should look at other country's and regions too. Maybe do a google search to look at the amount of people that are having real problems after being cured. You've stated your opinion more then once, look a little further, you are a well respected person, I've used your bus website many times, read your weather post every day. I guess I'm just a little disappointed to find out that like we say in Holland you don't look further then the tip of your nose.
JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/September/2020 at 13:39
“ I guess I'm just a little disappointed to find out that like we say in Holland you don't look further then the tip of your nose.”

Who is that snipe aimed at .
camara1969 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote camara1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/September/2020 at 20:18
juliejh i think it was aimed at you,, as for cubsur IT SERVES THEM RIGHT comment crawl back under your rock old man not a plague so in a mass group 67 get covid so what is that then, your an idiot
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/September/2020 at 21:48
Originally posted by camara1969 camara1969 wrote:

juliejh i think it was aimed at you,, as for cubsur IT SERVES THEM RIGHT comment crawl back under your rock old man not a plague so in a mass group 67 get covid so what is that then, your an idiot

Always find it amusing when someone calls another person an idiot when said someone can’t spell. 

YOU'RE an idiot. 😂😂😂😂😂
we're not brazil we're norn iron
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/September/2020 at 22:05
 Well said bobd .
Wow Camara 1969 is there any need for  insults that are  not needed between members. We all have different opinions, but respect earns respect. BTW Cubsur is dead right in what he said in his post, totally agree with him, no wonder covid figures are rising drastically due to these folks running huge party groups, just for money/greed and couldnt care less about the consequences.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
camara1969 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote camara1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/September/2020 at 22:25
bob i'd rather have common sense than education but glad you wet your knickers, as for tom only 0.5% get it then why pick on a poor group of Belgians
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/September/2020 at 22:49
mmmm Camara 1969 how ignorant and boring. Insults yet again. Keyboard warrior/troll  comes to mind. End of conversation with you.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
Polo Marco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Polo Marco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/September/2020 at 09:19
Originally posted by camara1969 camara1969 wrote:

bob i'd rather have common sense than education but glad you wet your knickers, as for tom only 0.5% get it then why pick on a poor group of Belgians
Dear oh dear, you should seek help for your anger issues then maybe you could post a comment without name calling and insults.
Norm55 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norm55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/September/2020 at 10:56
Arrived last night via Ryanair from Liverool. Crew constantly reminding us it is a legal requirement to wear a mask. Four pis... inebriated middle aged women drinking heavily throughout flight ignoring rules despite being told to cover up by cabin crew.
We had downloaded our track and trace form which is another legal requirement and completed on plane,this giving our contact details etc. . However aircrew did not ask for this and in most cases these are collected by the immigration authority wherever you land. So handed it in at passport and told they did not want it as it was duty of airline to process this.
We go through life ticking boxes,making rules, filling in forms as requested to protect the arses of people at the top. But clearly it is rarely followed through.

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/September/2020 at 10:01
Norm55 - you are not the first person to say that Ryanair is not collecting the forms and handing them in as they are required to do. There is supposed to be a fine for not so doing. If the fine is imposed I can only think that Ryanair are more inclined to pay that, rather than send someone into the airport building with a clutch of paper, looking for someone to give it to

I can vouch for the fact that other airlines are adhering to the law.

But unless you are staying in a private home, the authorities will know where you are.
Albufeira Resident

tiganut View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiganut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/September/2020 at 08:13
I am just fed up,because,if I come to Albufeira,I have to quarantine when I get home,so unable to work,which,in turn,would put my staff out of work.

He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/October/2020 at 12:30
I am pleased to read that some normality prevails in the world amid the crisis. That EPL clubs have the resources to spend 1.2 billion in the player market makes me confident of the future.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/October/2020 at 09:24
If you haven't read this already, there will be restrictions on travel from Friday 30th to Monday 2nd November. (This is the All Saints holiday weekend).

Essentially "From Friday October 30 to Tuesday November 3 citizens will be prohibited from leaving the confines of their borough of residence."

So no going to IKEA unless you live within the Loulé council area.
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 54>
  Share Topic