Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Virus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 54>
Author
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrandyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/August/2020 at 01:04
I have always enjoyed this site as there wasn’t the personal attacks on on people’s posts, it would be a shame if it descended to it.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/August/2020 at 07:51
It's now deemed safe for the Danish to come to Portugal. Still not the British.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
vinnym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinnym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/August/2020 at 08:18
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

It's now deemed safe for the Danish to come to Portugal. Still not the British.

I am surprised you would want anyone visiting from what you described as the “plague pit”
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/August/2020 at 09:13
I was trying to be sarcastic but failed. Sorry. I am no longer in Albufeira so I shall now let the matter rest.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Develd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Develd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/August/2020 at 09:14
I wonder why some people are taking a tongue in cheek line so seriously?
vinnym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote vinnym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/August/2020 at 10:03
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

I was trying to be sarcastic but failed. Sorry. I am no longer in Albufeira so I shall now let the matter rest.

Thanks for your explanation and apology, I shall also let the matter lie. Maybe be more careful with your choice of words in future.
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/August/2020 at 11:43
Please calm down folks.  I disagree with a lot of what Cubsur says but it's no skin off my nose if he says it and he's entitled to his opinion  Have you not heard of agreeing to disagree, living and letting live etc. 
As my old latin master used to say to unruly small boys "pax vobiscum".  Let us not behave like small boys.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Kaaskop59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaaskop59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/August/2020 at 13:03
Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

Please calm down folks.  I disagree with a lot of what Cubsur says but it's no skin off my nose if he says it and he's entitled to his opinion  Have you not heard of agreeing to disagree, living and letting live etc. 
As my old latin master used to say to unruly small boys "pax vobiscum".  Let us not behave like small boys.

Very well said Jock, also people don't forget how often are there misunderstandings due to written text?
Luis View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Luis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/August/2020 at 15:22
Portugal last week average of 223 new cases this week with today figures already included an average of 194 new cases continuing the downward trend observed in the last 4 weeks. The rate is now bwlow 30 standing at 29.8 for 100000 people,fingers crossed the trend will carry on like this it's a massive change for the better
AJSUGGY View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/August/2020 at 16:18
Can I just remind every contributer whilst i read every one of them and appriciate their comments. To crittasise the Government or anyone else for that matter. Please remember the old sayng. 
Hindsight is a valuable tool.
Super__Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Super__Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/August/2020 at 13:35
Originally posted by AJSUGGY AJSUGGY wrote:

Can I just remind every contributer whilst i read every one of them and appriciate their comments. To crittasise the Government or anyone else for that matter. Please remember the old sayng. 
Hindsight is a valuable tool.

One of the many reasons the "government" i.e. Dominic Cummings changed his mind and wants everyone to wear a mask is the fact that it truncates conversation between people in the street and in shops. This ensures that when people wear masks they do not communicate with each other. They do not engage in conversation or contribute to criticism of the governments late reaction to the "virus" and or the culpability of the "government" and Dominic Cummings in the deaths of over 20,000 old people in care homes. 

Do the readers of this forum appreciate In May 2020 Tony Hancock was hears saying that he would put a ring of steel around care homes. Little did I know the "Ring of Steel" was to keep the virus in the homes and not out?

Ally
JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/August/2020 at 16:29
106 in Portugal 👍 definitely improving , fab news
Kaaskop59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaaskop59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/August/2020 at 20:40
Originally posted by JuliejH JuliejH wrote:

106 in Portugal 👍 definitely improving , fab news

Yes but 13 new cases in one week in Albufeira, not improving!
JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/August/2020 at 21:25
13 cases is sad, but in a population of 37 thousand that is very very small , less than 1% , in my eyes that’s not horrendous, and I think it’s most likely under control ! Trying to be more positive instead of doom and gloom now 👍
Richardk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/August/2020 at 21:32
Is anyone surprised with the northern portuguese, spanish etc  arriving en masse . there might not be many brits but there are substantial number of tourists from other places?
Numbers are bound to go up but hopefully very slowly
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 54>
  Share Topic