Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Virus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 54>
Author
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/June/2020 at 15:28
I am still coming to Albufeira in September come what may, unless the boarder between Spain and Portugal is closed (Driving), and if we have to isolate when we get back home so be it. Cool
JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/June/2020 at 16:47
Andrew , thank you for the article , I’m really hoping that this isn’t the case, the economy needs the boost !
Also it’s a bit daft as you can cross from Spain without a check and the Uk would have no idea where anyone flying in has visited ! Europe air bridge should include all !
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/June/2020 at 19:35
The British quarantine scheme is bogus & unenforceable. They ask for your phone number, you give them your mobile no. If they phone to check you can be anywhere. Laughable.
The only sure way is the New Zealand approach. No one other than New Zealanders into the country and they face a real enforced 2 weeks quarantine in a government controlled hotel.
Drastic but effective.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/June/2020 at 22:06
Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

The British quarantine scheme is bogus & unenforceable. They ask for your phone number, you give them your mobile no. If they phone to check you can be anywhere. Laughable.
The only sure way is the New Zealand approach. No one other than New Zealanders into the country and they face a real enforced 2 weeks quarantine in a government controlled hotel.
Drastic but effective.

Oh but they can Jock , they can check through technology where you answered them from on your mobile. BTW that's if they can be bothered, but wouldn't put it past them to do it.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/June/2020 at 09:01
Suppose you don't have a mobile phone? There are a few people who don't.

What's to stop people giving a false number? Who is going to check it at the point of arrival?

If you are silly enough to give a real address, do you then get the 5am knock on the door?

Disable the GPS location function on your phone at least. Even better switch it off before you get to where you are supposed to be going, leave it switched off and they can't track you.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/June/2020 at 13:01
The London government makes promises and proclamations that so often come to nothing.
Don't we remember the promise of a "World Beating Test and Trace System for 1 June"? Thinking back he didn't specify the year. Crafty!
Why does it have to be world beating anyway? Can't it just do the job?
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Luis View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/June/2020 at 14:09
These thing of air bridges are so unfair people that work all year around and plan to see family can be stuck,i for example my parents are coming to an age that every visit i don't know if will be the last time i visit now with quarantine in place in the UK i will be well and truly stuck 😔😔
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/June/2020 at 16:17
We must be getting back to normal. I saw a tuk-tuk in town earlier.

On a more serious note, some updates from down in town. Around the beach and the Cais Herculano just about everywhere is now open. I noticed that a couple have their daily boards in French rather than English. Around the square everywhere is still closed except Buddy's, Tic Tac and Downtown. Vertigo looked to be making final preparations to open.

Nearby, Il Brigante will open on Wednesday.
Albufeira Resident

Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/July/2020 at 21:57
Found this on facebook yesterday re the 11pm closing rule of restaurant/snackbar establishments. Also other folks who live there have said same. The rule isn't quite clear to people when the rules say they have to close at 11pm

" So tonight I was told by the manager of a bar that is open.. the rule is as long as you are inside (terrace included) before 11pm you can stay till their normal closing time. Witnessed this tonight, they cordoned off the terrace at 11pm and closed the doors. The GNR  drove past several times from 11pm until 12.30am and absolutely no problem. Social distancing was adhered too and masks and disinfectant gel were used on entering the premises. So honestly as long as people respect these  rules you can enjoy your holiday."

BTW this was in Albufeira, not sure which bar/restaurant it applied to as the poster  didn't say.

Seems if your already in the bar you can stay after 11pm until they close but no new customers are allowed after 11pm.

Does anyone really know the proper ruling of this, very confusing on what to believe ? 

Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/July/2020 at 09:12
First I have heard of it. In Carvoeiro a few days ago, as some will have read, GNR were at bars at 11pm ensuring they were closing. That is still the law. The same law that  bars near me are adhering to and which prevents 'entertainment' bars from opening, which has not been rescinded.

Without the name of the bar, where's the proof? Challenge that Facebook poster to tell us where it is. If it's legal, why the secrecy?

So how ridiculous that you wear a mask 'when entering the premises' then take if off once inside.
Albufeira Resident

Kaaskop59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaaskop59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/July/2020 at 10:01
Originally posted by Jayjan Jayjan wrote:

Originally posted by bob d bob d wrote:

Bullring apparently is the latest to go into administration. 

No big loss there.

Just read on facebook page  "Anything And Everything Algarve" that the bullring has been sold, never to be a bullring ever again. Apparently the Car Park is going have a supermarket built on it. The Arena maybe still used for music events etc.
How true it is is another thing as I can't find anything in the media/news about it.
 Does anyone have any info regarding this  ????

https://algarvedailynews.comews/18174-pan-calls-for-albufeira-council-to-take-over-algarve-s-last-bullring - https://algarvedailynews.com/news/18174-pan-calls-for-albufeira-council-to-take-over-algarve-s-last-bullring
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/July/2020 at 12:15
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/July/2020 at 17:28
I have found out who it was who thought they could have a 'lock-in' at their bar. The rules had been misunderstood. In fact the GNR came by at midnight and turfed everybody out.

A small 'locals' bar not far from me (not one of those in Páteo) appears to be a mask free zone.

On a positive note, I had my first game of bowls today since early March. I got the hang of it once I remembered which way round they go. Unfortunately our 'owners' have limited the number of players to a maximum of 8 at any one time. Rinks must be booked in advance. We cannot access changing rooms nor the equipment shed.

And they have increased the beer prices to an astonishing €5,50 for a 'large beer' so we went somewhere else after after the game.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/July/2020 at 15:22
Still very quiet in the old town, certainly not the buzz, hustle and bustle of previous years. More places have opened around the square, but 'bar street' is almost completely deserted of course. I have it at first hand that a restaurant open with only four staff is taking less than €100 a day, not even enough to pay their wages. Some of those down by the beach were reasonably busy at lunchtime.

The square at about 2.30pm

Albufeira Resident

NBSHIP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NBSHIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/July/2020 at 16:45
Due to fly out next Sunday to stay at our own home for 2 weeks. Can somebody "on the ground" fill me in on current situation ? We go to beach during day and out for something to eat in the evenings. Presume restaurants are adhering to Social Distancing etc. 
Thanks in advance
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 54>
  Share Topic