Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Restaurants & Portuguese Cuisine / Restaurantes & a Comida
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Invictus Re-opening

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Invictus Re-opening
    Posted: 12/March/2020 at 10:12
Invictus is re-opening this Saturday at 9PM. Looks like the new owners have gone for a totally different audience. I have no idea why they have retained the name - they are going to get zero comebacks from the previous customers.

They advertise "Afro-Latin Rhythms" with four DJs and someone called Angel Jesus (assume he's a singer?) for their opening night. 

Not a place for us old farts anymore then. Strange this Portuguese habit of taking on a place with a successful formula, and then changing it... 

But I guess if they do it right, they will do well.     
Go away Duchatalet
Sponsored Links

Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/March/2020 at 16:50
Seems they are opening a rooftop terrace as well Perry, which is still under construction and will be opening at a later date.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/March/2020 at 17:37
Great to catch up albeit rushed today Sr P.
My sentiments exactly re Invictus when I saw the opening night adverts.
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/March/2020 at 17:40
Likewise Mr K. I went for a walk past there after we met this morning. They are still working on the outside, inside looked much the same other than a lick of paint from what I could see from the pavement. Talking of adverts - nothing at all outside the restaurant at the moment to say what is happening in 48 hours time? 
Go away Duchatalet
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/March/2020 at 23:32
Just read on facebook . Information re Invictus :
 Dear customers and friends. The civic responsibility to minimise the spread of Virus to everyone is:
The ingaururation of Invictus  Restaurant  & Lounge Bar will be postponed. However, it will be open to the public  on Monday from 10am to 7pm  serving a selection of snacks and drinks..... We appeal to common sense  especially  those who live with children and the elderly, to avoid spaces of fun.
Cesar Rodrigues
Karen Young.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2020 at 10:33
That is a shame for them. Difficult times. 
Go away Duchatalet
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic