Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Local Transportation / Transportes Locais
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Queue at Faro Airport

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Queue at Faro Airport
    Posted: 09/November/2019 at 15:59
Last Thursday about 10:30am I got through security in minutes. It then took 40 mins to get through Passport Control. The queue started in Duty Free. I had reached the airport in plenty time as I'm a twitchy traveller but even so my gate was called only 10 mins after I got through passports.
What a mess.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Sponsored Links

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/November/2019 at 17:22
I thought duty free was after passport control?
Andrew
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/November/2019 at 19:02
is it not security/bag check etc then duty free then passport control?
bebop View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/November/2019 at 22:03
I also thought duty free was last, where Mulligans bar and coffee shops etc are located.
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2019 at 08:38
Unless something has changed since February, you check in/drop bags, go up the escalator, pass through security, down the escalator, left into the duty free/cafe area. Once you have passed through there you turn right and then go through passport control before the gates, don't you? Passport control was certainly after duty free before they enlarged the airport. 

During the remodelling this might have been different, but as far as I am aware it's the case now?     
Go away Duchatalet
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2019 at 08:42
No mate, after security, down the escalator to passport control, through the booth, the corridor takes you left and out you pop in... duty free.
Andrew
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2019 at 08:45
Ah right - you travel a lot more than me mate. I could have sworn last time we did it we turned left at the bottom on that escalator and straight into duty free.  
Go away Duchatalet
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2019 at 09:46
If you are flying to UK or Ireland you have to go through a passport control before entering the holding pens where the shops and food hall are located. If going to a Schengen country eg France or Germany you bypass that bit.

When I flew to Belfast in October I was through the whole lot in 20 minutes.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2019 at 11:47
Weird.
My experience on Thursday was (1) straight to security (carry on bag), (2) through Duty Free to the shopping area, (3) the 40 min. queue for Passport control, (4) the gate waiting area, (5) Lift to the gate corridor, (6) Escalator down one floor, (7) Airbridge to aircraft.
It was midday and I hadn't had a drop (yet).
Honest.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2019 at 20:38
What Andrew says was the way it was last month but from what Jock says it must have changed AGAIN. Doesn’t surprise me. Will report back in a couple of weeks. 
we're not brazil we're norn iron
Windmill Hill Boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Windmill Hill Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/November/2019 at 11:10
It was definitely passport control before Duty Free a fortnight ago (as Andrew said above)and I'm not sure how they could change it to the other way round without a major amount of structural changes and serious disruption.
ClaireKildare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaireKildare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/November/2019 at 14:03
I travel every month from Dublin from March to September. A few times in July. Once on the way back to Dublin Passport Control was "back" to where it used to be before the renovations, right down in the corner past Costa Coffee, beside the arrivals passport control. That makes send of Jock going up and back down to the gate. The next time we travelled, which would have been 3 or 4 weeks later it was back to normal at the bottom of the escalators before duty free. 
Windmill Hill Boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Windmill Hill Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/November/2019 at 08:03
Thanks Claire, how did you get down to it from security (assuming that was still upstairs) ?
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/November/2019 at 08:37
WHB, there are stairs, escalator and a lift for getting down from security to passport control.
Andrew
ClaireKildare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaireKildare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/November/2019 at 11:19
We came down the escalators from security into the usual passport control area, the booths were empty and all the doors were open so everyone just walked through to Duty Free. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic