Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Nightlife / Vida Nocturna
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Halloween Night in Albufeira.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Halloween Night in Albufeira.
    Posted: 18/October/2019 at 19:20

For anyone who will be in Albufeira for Halloween I have just found out there will be a Halloween Parade from Avenida De Liberdade @ 7pm,. A scary Run @ 8pm from part of Av De Liberdade to The Old Town Square and then at 9pm in the square a Halloween Spooky dance by Soul Academy.

This is the write up: ( from albufeira.pt )

Halloween 2019.

Ready for a night of horrors?

This year Albufeira is filled the monsters, ghosts and witches from the other worlds. A monsterous parade, a scary run, tunnels of terror and many other surprises which promise an unforgettable night for kids and adults. Bring the family and come to the centre of Albufeira to live a unique night with entertainment for everyone.

More details to follow.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
Sponsored Links

Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/October/2019 at 23:06
The Arte Bar's website shows a barbecue at 7 on Halloween night.  Never been to a barbecue there. Would I have to be there at 7 or could I come later? I plan to be there for the quiz but it's a long wait from 7 to 10.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/October/2019 at 23:36
 I  noticed too that they are having a Halloween thing, quiz, BBQ  and also raising money with a raffle  for the Bomberios/Ambulance service. Maybe Perry, Algarveaddick could give you more  info on this or even Cubsur.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/October/2019 at 07:13
Yes I would recommend being there at 7 for the BBQ, Derek. The quiz is a different format from normal, no verbal questions, just pictures and missing words to fill in while you enjoy the entertainment. Probably distribute them about 8.30 and collect an hour later. €2 to enter - all of which goes towards the charity - and a couple of bottles of decent wine for the winner.     
Go away Duchatalet
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/October/2019 at 08:48
We attended this last year, it was a good fun night for a worthy cause. I recall an auction of donated prizes also.
Quite a few people donned applicable fancy dress, it seems there is much more made of Halloween in Portugal than the UK, so feel free to get your false fangs, fake blood and your vampire capes out!
Andrew
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/October/2019 at 11:00
Thanks both of you.  I'm scary enough.
See you next Thursday.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
hamlet View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2019 at 00:32
Andrew,
Have to disagree. My experience over many years is there is always plenty going on at Halloween. Mostly by pubs but here is one for all the family.
https://paisley.is/featured_event/halloween
Sorry I cannot work out how to give you a direct link. Credit where credit is due. The Council must be applauded for their effort in arranging this event and they will follow up the week after with a firework display. ( That one comes out of the Council Tax, Sorry, Rates)
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2019 at 11:26
Good for Paisley. I lived there to '71 & only went back for funerals. Sounds like the council has a bit of go about it.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/October/2019 at 19:15
Official posters etc for the event in the Old Town next Thursday.

I think this the first time they have ever done something like this.

[I found out later that there was a similar event in 2018]
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/November/2019 at 13:05
Just to let you know, the Arte Bar charity event raised over 3500 euros for the bombeiros.   
Go away Duchatalet
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/November/2019 at 16:32
Excellent result. Well done to all concerned.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
port princess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote port princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/November/2019 at 09:01
Yes well done fantastic amount !
Portprincess
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic